Fun + Photography = Farktography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Fun + Photography = Farktography

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

I think we all need to put the fun back in Farktography. Share and discuss whatever odd funny shit floats your boat, over-interpret something to the point of absurdity, snark all you want, whatever…

Here’s something I saw on a road trip:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/232438711

property values can’t be good on Stinking Creed Rd….

Klahanie
    Participant

I like it! The idea and the photo. I’ve gotta run, but I’ll be back…

linguine
    Participant

Elsinore, Ill see your one silly sign and raise you a second one.
    Heres a woobley children warning sign that I found outside of Boston on a vacation probably 8 or so years ago.

And heres one of the stranger warning signs that Ive ever found when I was in Canada a couple of years ago.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Those are awesome! I’ve got a death danger sign from Yosemite similar to your second one…I’ll have to scan that puppy in…

mikemikeb
    Participant

Just to clarify: Do we need to post a photo with our snark? And snarking to the point of absurdity is OK, right?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, snark in any way you care to farkin snark. To absurdity even. All in fun…

I sometimes go out of my way for a phunny photo.

mikemikeb
    Participant

snark in any way you care to farkin snark. To absurdity even. All in fun.

Your words, not mine. Hmmmm…

Oh man, that veruca, that awful, awful veruca. It’s unbelievable how horrible a person she is.

For instance, when she went back to to her hometown on vacation, one of the office buildings said to her, “Get outtahere!”

Rumor has it that when Warren Buffett saw her at an Old Country Buffet, he remembered what she did to him that one time, and so he took the chili he had left in his bowl and poured it all on her head, then wordlessly went over to the chili bar to get another bowl just to dump some really hot stuff on her head.

She once saw staplermofo‘s Cute Kids photos, and was intimidated by their quality, but saw a way out. She threatened that if he entered any of them, she’d have the rest of the Farktography forum admins class action sue him for copyright infringement because staplers weren’t in the frame.

One day, she song and danced herself in a selfish rage onto a giant scale surrounded by many giant geese, and the scale said she was a bad egg.

I was so scared that veruca would try to Fark-ban me in retribution for talking about her, if you know what I mean, I changed my TF password just so she couldn’t log in as me and threaten Drew.

When logomancer felt pissed off at veruca one day, he used an ancient voodoo curse to bring that demon bat thing to physical life just so it could bite her and give her rabies.

Hey, didn’t she get the memo? It’s “Bash on veruca Day”! 😉 😉 😉

Oh, and since I’m not sure if a photo is required, lemme sneak one in just in case. A couple of people wrote that this photo made them feel nauseous:

Morningbreath
    Participant

how do I post pictures in this forum? I assumed it was the same as fark, but I can not get my pictres to show. Evidently, I know nothing the internet, computers or html so write slowly and use small words,if you do not mind.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Encyclopedia Galactica: That’s super. Is that *the* American Gothic house?

mikemikeb: well, I get what I ask for, I guess *smirk* So what dish is that, and does it resemble your face? 😉

Ok, I found the death sign from Yosemite:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lady_elsinore/260083951

It reads:

Stay back from the stream. The boulders are treacherously slick. If you fall in:

–Icy water will quickly incapacitate you.
    –Strong currents can batter you to death against the rocks.

The subject and I felt this sign was suitably alarmist, and of course, the words aren’t exactly geared to the 8th grade reading level in this country. They should have just put:
    DANGER: If you fall in, you will DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

Huzzah for being battered to death!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Morningbreath: to post a picture, use the img tags [ img] and [ /img] around the addy, but without the spaces in the brackets.

mikemikeb
    Participant

how do I post pictures in this forum? I assumed it was the same as fark, but I can not get my pictres to show.

That’s because this forum uses bbcode, which is incompatible with basic HTML. See http://forum.farktography.net/viewtopic.php?p=3027#3027 for basic details.

mikemikeb: well, I get what I ask for, I guess *smirk* So what dish is that, and does it resemble your face? 😉

It was an herb-crusted chicken parmesan special from some local diner. It actually was pretty good.

Morningbreath
    Participant

Its funny that this thread came up. I was going through some old photos and was going to start a funny/worst photo thread.

This monstrosity is from my “Banana Series” for the fruits and vegetables fartography contest. Its not even in focus. Like it? I have 90 more including banana on the deck, banana in a bottle, banana in the grass, snake-banana, and 15 man with a banana-phone photos. Each one is worse than the last. 2 hours were spent on this rotten banana.

anneb
    Participant

Most of the signs I’ve collected so far I aggregate at http://www.ooblick.com/gallery/Signs

Elsinore
    Keymaster

MorningBreath: That’s hillarious–now I need to go find some suitable outtakes…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘Fun + Photography = Farktography’ is closed to new replies.