Gap graphic designers out of ideas and resort to flickr

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Gap graphic designers out of ideas and resort to flickr

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Uranus
    Participant

Congratulations, you’ve figured out how right-click-save-as works. Now, perhaps you should figure out how copywrite works. The original photographer has been informed of your transgressions.

Cheers.

My bad,removed.

indeed… he referenced your message. “Your buddy ripped me pretty good.”

must have a low threshold 😆

My point stands, though. caradoc , Elsinore and others who market their pics do run a risk with their material when it gets posted in a Fark thread. I don’t think the losses will ever be big, however we may wish to embiggenate and enreddenate the legal notice in the Boobies…

orionid
    Participant

Must not Fark much. 😀

olavf
    Participant

Low threshold, I suspect, considering he’s one of gorgor’s friends…

orionid
    Participant

Low threshold, I suspect, considering he’s one of gorgor’s friends…

Doesn’t that automatically require a high threshold?

olavf
    Participant

Good point. You’d have to be the sort of person that would take a picture of a fish head in tomato soup, or something.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congratulations, you’ve figured out how right-click-save-as works. Now, perhaps you should figure out how copywrite works. The original photographer has been informed of your transgressions.

Cheers.

My bad,removed.

indeed… he referenced your message. “Your buddy ripped me pretty good.”

My point stands, though. caradoc , Elsinore and others who market their pics do run a risk with their material when it gets posted in a Fark thread. I don’t think the losses will ever be big, however we may wish to embiggenate and enreddenate the legal notice in the Boobies…

Yeah there’s a reason I don’t post anything bigger than 640 pixels or so on the long side and 72 dpi max resolution. It won’t completely prevent someone from ganking the photo, but it will make it harder to do anything high quality with it. I will say this, though. I had a photo win 3rd place in a local contest, and within a week of the photo running in the magazine, I was contacted by two different groups to use the photo. The one was the contracting firm that built the structure in the photo; they want to use it on their promotional brochures. I quoted them a price for licensing and they didn’t bat an eyelash, just asked me to send along the licensing agreement to sign. So some companies are still ethical, thankfully.

Also, is it just me or is your photo still on that guy’s FB page? I’m still seeing it?

ravnostic
    Participant

Not quite the same, but along parallel lines; was trying to come up with info for my pics in “It’s on the travel brochure” and visited wikipedia, because–you know–they’re the leading authority.

Their dam picture:

And my picture:

//meant to look this way//

It’s obvious that the hacks desaturated, sharpened, and rotated the image from my albums. Because I was on a public perch, and there’s no chance that anyone else could have taken that picture from exactly that angle (my left heel was on a pebble, and that gave me an unique angle)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Gap graphic designers out of ideas and resort to flickr’ is closed to new replies.