Skip to toolbar

Glitchy Forum Behavior?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Glitchy Forum Behavior?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Anyone noticing any glitchy forum issues? Like failure to register topics or forums as read or even something else altogether?

orionid
    Participant

Only when Kestrana uses my laptop and resets my cookies — which hasn’t happened since Christmas.

ravnostic
    Participant

Anyone noticing any glitchy forum issues? Like failure to register topics or forums as read or even something else altogether?

Nope. (repost–don’t know what happened to the first response).

😛

caradoc
    Participant

I’ve noticed that over the past week or so, I hit “Submit” and the little wheel spins and spins before I eventually get a “connection timed out.” Click “back” once, hit “Submit” again, and it works in a blink.

It’s not every time, though.

Curious
    Participant

since i ask you this the other day it has continued. including just now in/on the gallery section and harpo‘s question. but it is just this computer. my backup box clears the new posts like they’re supposed to be.

i cleared a weeks worth of cookies but nada. maybe i’ll just clear everything and see waht happens.

Curious
    Participant

I’ve noticed that over the past week or so, I hit “Submit” and the little wheel spins and spins before I eventually get a “connection timed out.” Click “back” once, hit “Submit” again, and it works in a blink.

It’s not every time, though.

i get quick previews and then some long submits. not always and no particular time of day or other folks logged it. never has timed out though.

my login time still doesn’t work right. if i write a long post often when i click submit my login comes up. click that, back up and re preview then submit. this has been happening since i joined. others stay logged in for days.

i got over it.

Curious
    Participant

i cleared a weeks worth of cookies but nada. maybe i’ll just clear everything and see waht happens.

well clearing all cookies and cache fixed it.

oh and that “waht” up there was a typo. sure glad we have preview here. 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

Only thing I’ve noticed was some long submit times too. That’s been going on for quite awhile, I figured it was cause I was talking too much…

olavf
    Participant

I get that one too. It’s been going on a year at least. Otherwise it’s been behaving though.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Only thing I’ve noticed was some long submit times too. That’s been going on for quite awhile, I figured it was cause I was talking too much…

I get that. Particularly on my first submission.
    I shall try to keep my posts shorter…:wink:

orionid
    Participant

Actually, Mopsy just had a double-post that reminded me: every once in a great while, my post will time-out, so I’ll resubmit. Then I’ll get the “you can’t post again this soon” message, but a double post shows up anyway. I usually just delete the second one and move on without thinking about it.

linguine
    Participant

I get that from time to time too, I always assumed my computer was just being slow again whenever that happens. Occasionally the forum still marks topics as unread after I read them, but that doesn’t happen anywhere ofter enough to bother me either.

SilverStag
    Participant

I am still getting this, and it’s getting worse. 2 minutes and 30 seconds to send a 5 word private message is defective behavior.

Kestrana
    Participant

Today the site’s been a little frazzled with above average activity I think. At one point I had something like 60 tabs open at the same time adding all the info to the Themes forum threads.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’ve been pounding it some, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.