Health and Well-Being

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

So, initially, I was planning on using the above title for a long, thought-out commentary on Farktography and how we’ve sort of shifted from simple, easy-to-play themes with whitty titles to strangely esoteric and specific themes with rediculous difficulties and restrictions. And yes, I recognize that I’m partly to blame for that.

But.

As some of you may (or haven’t) noticed, I’ve been a little absent from discussions recently and my postings have simply been rote “oh, I need to post something.” I can’t explain it (though I can certainly point fingers at, say, DFAs and the Treasury Department), but I’ve been in a growing funk lately and haven’t even felt a desire to pull out, let alone actually take action. So, today I took action. I called my employers employee assistance hotline to speak with a counselor. Of course, I need to call back monday to friday 8-8 to make an appointment, but it’s something. I’ve beat worse funks than this before, and I’ll do it again. Just wanted y’all to know.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I won’t pretend to know what you’re going through, ’cause I don’t, so just know that you have been missed here and we’re here and pulling for you.

linguine
    Participant

Hope you start feeling better soon, we miss your photos.

Barracuda
    Participant

Glad to hear you’re taking the first steps to pulling out of the funk.

chupathingie
    Participant

In an odd way, that’s good to hear… not that you’ve got da funk goin’ on, but that you’re actively doing something about it. Keep it up and keep us posted. 🙂 Hell, take a vacation and see how many of us you can visit by car in a month! 😆

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’ve found a little funk is good since it keeps all sorts of excesive personality traits in check. But too much can be opressive and I’m glad to hear you’ve decided enough it enough and are talking to someone. Your participation definitely makes this community a better place, so I hope you soon find playing in this sandbox fun again very soon.

And in case music helps you (it does for me), here’s a link to some good funk. The title is even a good mantra for getting through rough patch.

ravnostic
    Participant

I know it’s been rough on you and Kes. Glad you’re taking action–self worth is not about wealth, keep in mind.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Please know that I can sympathize VERY strongly with what you’re going through. My mental health has not been the best lately (although it’s improving… as evidenced by my finally beginning to Photoshop again)…

as I like to phrase it, I’m not mentally ill, just mentally injured. It takes a while to recover from either one.

There ain’t nuthin’ like having to work through a truly lasting and deep funk.

You may want to read : http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/ you’ll know you’re not alone when you read it…
    and anyone who wants to know what real funk and depression is like, should also read it… it’ll give you insight.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well like everyone else said I am happy you are getting outside help so to speak. sometimes you just can’t “work it out” on your own. Good luck on getting back to a happier place quickly.

Farktographer
    Participant

Ditto with what was said above – I’m pulling for you. I know words can’t make it better, but keep looking forward, mate – one day at a time until you can get back up and running.

staplermofo
    Participant

Good will, good wishes and good luck man.
    If you ever need to silently brood to someone, I’m available.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Glad to hear you engaged EAP. I know previous generations viewed that sort of thing as a “weakness” but I believe that to be a biased, sheltered, small minded way of looking at any issue. “A man’s gotta know his limitations”,.. he’s one of my favorite actors for many reasons.

PM me if you want someone to listen or someone to hear from.

ennuipoet
    Participant

So, initially, I was planning on using the above title for a long, thought-out commentary on Farktography and how we’ve sort of shifted from simple, easy-to-play themes with whitty titles to strangely esoteric and specific themes with rediculous difficulties and restrictions. .

This.

As some of you may (or haven’t) noticed, I’ve been a little absent from discussions recently and my postings have simply been rote “oh, I need to post something.” I can’t explain it (though I can certainly point fingers at, say, DFAs and the Treasury Department), but I’ve been in a growing funk lately and haven’t even felt a desire to pull out, let alone actually take action. So, today I took action. I called my employers employee assistance hotline to speak with a counselor. Of course, I need to call back monday to friday 8-8 to make an appointment, but it’s something. I’ve beat worse funks than this before, and I’ll do it again. Just wanted y’all to know.

Good, as someone on the bare backside of a long funk, I know finding your way out is hard. Hell, I am still in the shadows of my long night, but I am getting a little better every day and finding hope in places I never thought to look. Go forth and Bring In Da Noize to deal with tha Funk.

Yoyo
    Participant

I called my employers employee assistance hotline to speak with a counselor. Of course, I need to call back monday to friday 8-8 to make an appointment, but it’s something.

“Suicide hot-line. Please hold.” I must admit, I LOL’d.

I too have been unmotivated over the past month regarding Farktography. Generally lazy about all sorts of things. I think however that my upcoming travels, including FarkCon and Honolulu, will help me shake off this funk. Best of luck to you!

staplermofo
    Participant

“Suicide hot-line. Please hold.” I must admit, I LOL’d.

I have a friend who was going through a rough bit while working on his psychology masters. He tried to get free campus care but, because of ethical conflicts or some crap, they denied him. So he decided to spend a few months living in his car and getting drunk instead. (He’s doing better now.)

There’s a non-profit that’s trying to get minor attracted adults (pedophiles) to feel safe and comfortable going to get therapy. There are gobs of apocryphal accounts of
    “Hi, suicide hotline.”
    “I’m attracted to a toddler, I can’t take it. I’m thinking about killing myself”
    “You know your muffler? Okay, follow the pipe that leads to it until you see another muffler looking thing, the inside will look like a wasp’s nest. Saw that part off. Go somewhere remote, route the exhaust into the cabin and just let the car keep running. I recommend using a flexible air duct and some duct tape. Call back if you get stumped somewhere.”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Health and Well-Being’ is closed to new replies.