Holy Carp, I’m going to Death Valley next month!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Holy Carp, I’m going to Death Valley next month!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

Roughly forty confirmed photographers, of various levels from amateur to professional. We’ve pretty much booked up all the rooms at this hotel that was suggested…

Kat said we can go, so this may be one of the best birthday presents evar!

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Sweet! Can’t wait to see the pics!

nobigdeal
    Participant

Jealous!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

So is this is a photography training seminar or just a gathering to shoot a specific site or …? Sounds awesome and like a great way to exchange ideas either way, congrats!

olavf
    Participant

Plama me too 😉 I’ll make sure and put together an album. It’d be really cool if we can get everyone to contribute to a ‘best of’ with all our favorite shots…

CISS it’s just a ‘hang out and take too many pics’ sort of weekend, but I’m expecting when we’re all sitting around and “talking shop” everyone will learn a thing or two. I know some of the folks that are going would charge $$$ for a weekend if they were hosting it, but that’s not really why we’re going. It’s more about photo community and some spectacular scenery. Kind of like a glorified ‘photo walk’ where people just show up with their cameras.

(Last count, we as a group have 26 of the 31 rooms at some 1/2 star hotel in Beatty, NV booked. It’s promising to be something epic 😀 )

lokisbong
    Participant

I’m jealous and I’m only gonna be 85 or so miles from you.

orionid
    Participant

Color me jealous.

olavf
    Participant

orionid if you two can get there we have a second double bed at the hotel. I’ll even wear pants 🙂

orionid
    Participant

I’ll even wear pants 🙂

Well that would make one of us. But seriously, thanks for the offer. Unfortunately, right now I doubt we could make it. I’m still new at work and don’t have any vacation saved up, and unless we can use our vouchers from Alaskan Air, I don’t think we can afford the trip, either.

Yoyo
    Participant

I can’t say that I’ve ever seen pictures of a 1/2 star hotel. Holiday Inn and the standardization it brought to the American hotel industry are both a blessing and a curse. A lot of character and soul has vanished.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah it would be an awesome trip but it’s not in the cards for us atm. We’ll be on the West Coast at some point though, since my dad lives in Portland.

olavf
    Participant

orionid and [/b]kestrana[/b] Bummer, but totally understandable. Sounds like it’s going to be pretty awesome.

Give us a heads-up if you make it out to the Proper Coast, or at least try and make it to Vegas this time 😉

Yoyo Imagine a road-side hotel in the middle of the desert – town has maybe 1000 people – that caters to bikers and truckers….

orionid
    Participant

I think I heard a song about that hotel once. Something about, oh hell, I lost it at colitas.

Farktographer
    Participant

Wow, I haven’t been to Death Valley in about 15 years. I remember it being an awesome sight, but also really, really boring for me as a pre-teen at the time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Holy Carp, I’m going to Death Valley next month!’ is closed to new replies.