Holycrapholycrapholycrap….

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Holycrapholycrapholycrap….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    caradoc
    Participant

My Woot Bag of Crap arrived today.

With an Infamous Woot Letter in it.

ravnostic
    Participant

How much did the bag o Crap cost ya? I spent 10 minutes reading up on the site but they don’t mention the BoCs (I’m guessing it’s their leftovers).

caradoc
    Participant

$5, plus $3 shipping.

Try a google for “infamous woot letter”. Some people have gotten entire pallets of coffeemakers, or DVD/VCR combos, or children’s toys… One guy got a 32″ LCD TV and another got a 65″ LCD TV.

One poor bastard got two entire pallets of car wax.

orionid
    Participant

Dude. One of my buddies told me about woot about a year and a half ago. And somehow, I forgot the name of the site before I could look it up. looking up some of the other (read: most) bag o’ craps, they really live up to their names, but there’s enough of an allure that they seem better than a small lottery. Man, I need to clean the garage and basement, and wait for Kestrana to go out of town for a week. I like how they come right out and say “Don’t like what we gave you? ebay it.”

/I swear honey, I don’t know where this palette of 3600 High School Musical calendars came from. It just showed up.

caradoc
    Participant

Past “Bags of Crap” that I’ve received have included things like 18 mini-tripods – which do nicely to hold flashes in weird places, or 20-some-odd sets of earbuds sized for kids, which made great stocking stuffers last year.

For $8, it’s pretty cheap entertainment. I’ve gotten Bags of Crap eight times in the last four years… and since each one includes some kind of “bag,” whether it be a laptop bag, a weird Daiwa fishing bag, or a Samsonite point-and-shoot camera bag, it’s rarely a total loss for me. I think one of the Bags of Crap was entirely useless, but in each of the other cases I’ve come away with at least one item that made it worth the $8.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

That’s pretty cool. I knew about woot but didn’t know they did that.

How often do the BoC come along and how do you watch for them?

ravnostic
    Participant

Cause From their FAQ, they events happen once a month or so, and you just have to get lucky and notice a little flashing symbol near the end of that day’s regular item. But go read the FAQs yourself; you’re sure to get a chuckle out of them.

caradoc
    Participant

I think you’ve misread something.

The flashing lights aren’t “little.” During a Woot-Off, they sell item after item all day long instead of just one item for the day.

A Bag of Crap might be the item for the day (if they want to take the day off, because it’ll sell out in seconds and set their servers on fire…) or it will more likely be an item during a Woot-Off, in which case you’ll want to be quick on the draw when the previous item sells out.

ravnostic
    Participant

Having only read the interweb on the subject, I was guesstimating the flair. My bad. I’d gathered that the WO took place toward the end of the regular day’s offering, and then continued with item after item.

There’d be a good item for BoC–a box of flair buttons. Great costume idea, at least…

caradoc
    Participant

I dunno about flair buttons, but I got a pair of Star Trek items in one of my Bags.

I usually get my Bags of Crap during a Woot-Off between 2 and 4PM Mountain Standard (GMT -0700). I’ve only gotten a couple at the regular nightly Woot turnover.

I still have the watch I got (a Casio Sea-Pathfinder) from my first Woot back in March of ’05.

orionid
    Participant

How many “bags of Texas air” have you wound up with?

Kestrana
    Participant

You don’t have to wait for me to go out of town – I’d support buying a Bag of Crap or 2. At only $8 I’m curious what we’d get. Cleaning the garage and basement though – that you can do.

caradoc
    Participant

No idea. That’s one of many Woot memes I’ve never gotten involved with…

orionid
    Participant

No idea. That’s one of many Woot memes I’ve never gotten involved with…

I stumbled across a site that lets people post what they got in their BoC’s. It seemed about every third had 1-3 bags of Texas air. I figured their office/warehouse was in texas, and it was a partially inflated ziploc bag. Or maybe those pre-inflated bags of air for packing are made in Texas.

caradoc
    Participant

I figured their office/warehouse was in texas, and it was a partially inflated ziploc bag. Or maybe those pre-inflated bags of air for packing are made in Texas.

The bags of air come off of a machine that takes a plastic tube and heat-seals it at intervals to make air bags.

The stuff is marked to indicate that this is how it’s done.

So, since they’re shipping from Texas, those bags are indeed filled with Texas air.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • The topic ‘Holycrapholycrapholycrap….’ is closed to new replies.