How do I get rid of this crappy yellow tint?

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware How do I get rid of this crappy yellow tint?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

olavf some/most/all (i don’t know) nikons have “active D lighting” which is really a nice feature for blending high and low light areas. instead of having to expose for the high and then take another for the shadow areas it does some computer magic and fixes both. not perfect but way faster than other film tricks i learned.

Kestrana while i shoot a lot it isn’t that high. usually 🙂 i just need to give photography a higher priority in my list of stuff to do. i got a large (13 x 19) format printer but have yet to really utilize it.

today for example i have two outdoor and three indoor projects. and i’m here. time to go outside and complete at least one thing.

olavf
    Participant

Hmm… I should probably re-read the Canon manual again. Too many functions to remember them all these days – I probably utilize 1/10th of my 40D (and that’s because I’m shooting a lot in manual these days)

Curious
    Participant

Hmm… I should probably re-read the Canon manual again. Too many functions to remember them all these days – I probably utilize 1/10th of my 40D (and that’s because I’m shooting a lot in manual these days)

i keep the manual in the camera big. guess i should take it out and read it. with this entry level camera you have to go through the software interface to change the exposure value. with a higher level camera you just twist the knob on the top. when i got this one i thought that wouldn’t be a problem but it does slow down the shot to shot time. plus it makes bracketing much harder.

overall i’m happy with the D3000 but the trade offs from the Maxxum 7D are noticeable. and if i get serious about my photography again they will become more so. but hey, blaming the tools is an old cop out. 🙂

Kestrana
    Participant

Does the 3000 not have a thumb wheel at all? With my 5000 if I want to change the EV I also have to go into the basic menu but shooting in AP the thumb wheel changes the aperture thus affecting the exposure time which I think is much easier. I generally only change EV for shooting sunsets or other supremely vivid colors. There should be a bracketing option in the basic menu too, it only takes a second to access it. Theoretically on the 5000 there’s some hotkey buttons I could set that would allow me to flip to 2.0 bracketing and back but I’ve been too lazy to figure out how to do so.

sleeping
    Participant

Isn’t there a +/- button that will let (both of) you adjust the EV with the command dial? That’s fairly standard Nikon practice, anyways.

Kestrana
    Participant

Hmm let me look…why yes there is. Learn something new every day (although admittedly what I don’t know about my camera would unfortunately probably take several days)

Curious
    Participant

Isn’t there a +/- button that will let (both of) you adjust the EV with the command dial? That’s fairly standard Nikon practice, anyways.

why yes there is. and you have pointed that out before but my mind is a sieve sometimes. like Kestrana there are a raft of features i semi know about but don’t use often enough to be able to rely on muscle memory when the time comes.

what i need to do is just take the camera and the manual and spend a few hours exploring both. and then concentrate on using those tools as i shoot.

otoh i’ve been off work for a week now and won’t go back until next tuesday. two days of that were surgery for skin cancer but the rest of the time has been wasted spent on other things. i keep meaning to do a day trip for photography but just don’t get that far. what with one thing and another it’s been two months since i took a photo excursion.

but enough of that 🙂 thanks for the input you all.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘How do I get rid of this crappy yellow tint?’ is closed to new replies.