I feel sick…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant
    sleeping
    Participant

I especially like how they’re giving you advice on focal length….

chupathingie
    Participant

That made my brain hurt. On the flip side, if I ever need another job I’m gonna be a fool/money gap technician.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

On the flip side, if I ever need another job I’m gonna be a fool/money gap technician.

I hear Apple can’t hire enough of those guys…

fluffybunny
    Participant

“All courses taught by professional photographers”,…

I guess if you get __any money__ at all for what you do, you _are_ a professional.

/what is the focal length of an iphone?

Yugoboy
    Participant

I am soooooooo stealing this.

I need a new career!

(ennuipoet… have I got a business plan idea for you…)

Yoyo
    Participant

Must have Hipstamatic. I LOL’d.
    As W. C. Fields said, “It’s morally wrong to allow a [hipster] to keep his money.”

staplermofo
    Participant

I dunno, if it’s exactly as they claim it to be, it could be a good thing. A lot of people are only interested in what can be done with their phone, and the fundamentals of photography still apply. For some people, “try to position subjects so the sun is shining on them” and “don’t be afraid to squat or stand on something when trying to compose a shot” is absolutely worth ?25. I mean, people take classes for SLRs, and everything to learn about them operationally could be learned in 15 minutes on wikipedia (so the other 95% of the class is what makes it worthwhile). It’s not like people are printing iphone shots out for gallery art.

staplermofo
    Participant

Obligatory H!P example.

Farktographer
    Participant

Obligatory H!P example.

Watching the whole thing, they actually make some tips on reflection and angle and whatnot that I guess the inexperienced users wouldn’t notice. It also made me really want to watch Naruto again, for some reason. I forgot all my college Japanese lessons >.<

I’m sure there are lots of tips they could teach people, but I hate that it’s specifically for iphone. If you want to teach basic photography, it should be the same tips for iphone as for point-and-shoots; difference is the iphone comes with all those apps that make things look “retro” or “omg look i shot on 120 film on my iphone you can totally tell by this black outline with lining” That sort of fake crap just pisses me off.

…that rant made me feel like an old man. Get off my [camera] lawn.

Yoyo
    Participant

I don’t think you can load the Hipstamatic software on Canon or Nikon.
    Canon and Nikon make you buy expensive lenses for that instead, so who’s the real sucker?

I did like the 5 easy steps to better phone self portraits. I think the black haired one was cuter in the video, but the brown haired one came out cuter in their sample photos. I see so many God-awful cell phone self-portraits it makes me want to scream. Also, if a woman only has head shots posted on a site, I’m automatically going to wonder how overweight she is. It’s better not to show any pics at all instead of only head shots, since I’ll have to rely on my imagination, where every woman is Kate Moss.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I am soooooooo stealing this.

I need a new career!

(ennuipoet… have I got a business plan idea for you…)

No way man, I’ve got some morals here! That is why I am poor!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘I feel sick…’ is closed to new replies.