I would like to start a photography club where I live.

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill I would like to start a photography club where I live.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CaptainJim
    Participant

The problem is that I have no idea how to do it. If any of you belong to a club please give me some pointers. The closest club to me is over an hour and a half away so I believe there is a need.

ch4r7ie
    Participant

The problem is that I have no idea how to do it. If any of you belong to a club please give me some pointers. The closest club to me is over an hour and a half away so I believe there is a need.

i just googled ‘how to start a photography club..’

some tips there.. does craigslist reach out your way?

is there a jr college with photography classes, camera stores you could leave fliers at

contact the ‘close’ camera clubs and see if they have members or friends in your area

organise shoots of the cool places where you live, unless you live in some place like indiana – then you’re screwed

Marley
    Participant

Not the same, but similar: a friend started a writers’ group by placing an ad in the local newspaper. A few people responded, she established leadership and weeded out the ones with clashing philosophies, and now they meet every other week.

Because they meet in the library and in bookstores, they became familiar faces and have gotten (and accepted) offers to speak about what they do. She’s found new members by speaking in public.

Get your face and contact info out there and maybe something will gel.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘I would like to start a photography club where I live.’ is closed to new replies.