Imagine if U-Man did video. Yeah, it’s that good.

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Imagine if U-Man did video. Yeah, it’s that good.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

Through a link on FB, that really spectacular haboob last night, I’ve discovered vimeo.com. I am just awed. A lot of the shorts are still photography, but time lapsed together. I can’t link to them all. There’s some incredible work there.

I think on the work involved in the pictures I post (well, some of them, at least), and then only to be bested by the outstanding shots others take (and the work that must be involved for them.)

Compound that by 1000 or more frames, in sequence, every one of them spectacular. There’s some time-lapse work by a guy under the screen name “TSO” that’s astounding; auroras, night star imagery, and the like; I’m reminded of Soosh’s work.

And there are other really great creative video works, as well.

This particular one reminds me of every contest where U-Man had just nailed it. Only video-fied. And I mean that as the high-praise that is due to U-Man for his work each week, but also to emphasize how impacting this particular video is, with some sort of reference that I (believe) we can all relate to.

http://vimeo.com/hd#25446891

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, there’s a LOT of epic stuff on Vimeo. We’ve linked to some of the sidereal motion stuff off and on before. The one you linked to took me almost halfway through it to realize that it was CGI.

SilverStag
    Participant

Except that Vimeo won’t frickin’ work on Firefox, so it’s useless to me.

chupathingie
    Participant

? I visit vimeo all the time with FF… under linux, no less…

(cool vid, BTW)

Yugoboy
    Participant

It’ll work if you turn off AdBlock Plus and NoScript. There’s a couple more layers to it than YouTube, but it’s viewable.

SilverStag
    Participant

It’ll work if you turn off AdBlock Plus and NoScript. There’s a couple more layers to it than YouTube, but it’s viewable.

I don’t want to see it *that* much.

lokisbong
    Participant

I watch Vimeo videos all the time with AdBlockPlus running on Firefox. No problems here ever.

lokisbong
    Participant

Still waiting for the hd vid linked to buffer. stupid slowish internet.

Edited to say damn that was kinda cool. I also couldn’t tell it was cgi at first. I was even kinda looking for it.

ravnostic
    Participant

I kind of wondered if the opening was even CGI at all; it gets more obvious (because of content, not because of quality) once you get into it. But the opening train scene seems like it could be completely real.

It’s nice work, regardless. Now I have just one more way to piss away my life surfing the interweb.

orionid
    Participant

I absolutely agree. Like I said, I was nearly halfway through. I was convinced it was well-conceived video until I saw the London Eye. Then two or three cuts later, the road cones were lacking the depth of everything else in the video and sealed it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Imagine if U-Man did video. Yeah, it’s that good.’ is closed to new replies.