New contest voting system

Forums Forums News Bibliostats New contest voting system

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    fluffybunny
    Participant

No, he made a post after his boobies post saying “Please only use the Best button. Funny votes won’t be counted for the results of this contest.” People could still use the button but he wasn’t going to be looking at the results for Funny. I meant to go back and look at the voting results to see if people paid attention to his post but for the life of me I cannot remember what the topic was and I can’t find a way to search for my posts, which I thought I had done before the site redesign.

I use google to search for users on fark (brackets not included):

“site:fark.com [username] [keywords]”

Kestrana
    Participant

Thanks for the tip! *googles*

Holy Fark! I did not know this existed: http://www.fark.com/top/farktography/

Ok and the thread I was talking about was Headline of the Year: Puns and Wordplay, but he made the post in other headline of the year threads as well.
    http://www.fark.com/comments/6852634/Farks-2011-Headline-of-Year-contest-Puns-wordplay

There were several hundred votes using the “best” button vice several thousand with the “funny” button.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Holy Fark! I did not know this existed: http://www.fark.com/top/farktography/

Hmm… Not sure what they’re counting, but the numbers look to be off. For example, in all time wins U-Man’s had 52 vs Fark’s 50, orionid’s had 15 vs 12, I’ve had 5 vs 4, …

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, not sure why those numbers are off like that. Orionid has more wins than I do.

orionid
    Participant

Yeah, not sure why those numbers are off like that. Orionid has more wins than I do.

The Big Ten always gets voted down, regardless of wins?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

The Big Ten always gets voted down, regardless of wins?

And deservedly so. Everyone knows the Big 12 is where it’s at. 🙂

// Actually, my alma mater is C-USA, so I don’t wanna hear no “we get no respect” talk from anybody! We’re like the red-headed stepchild of conferences.

Kestrana
    Participant

I went to a Division III school so y’all can just shut the fark up 😀

orionid
    Participant

Yes, but how many times has your division three school gone 12-0 while an 11-1 Big 12 or SEC team was declared national champions?

And since you didn’t go to Mount Union or Wisconsin Whitewater….. Oh, wait. Div 3 has a playoff system that works.

Farktographer
    Participant

My alma mater doesn’t have a football team. Well, they did for one season in 1968, but after a winless season people lost interest and it folded. Sad times being a UCSD student when Berkeley and LA students got to show off their team support.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

/played pep band for Division III school
    //born and raised on rabid fandom of a Big Ten

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Well, can we at least all agree that the SEC sucks? 😆

orionid
    Participant

Yes. Well, maybe. Curious lives down that way.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Ooh, forgot about that. Sorry, Curious, nothing personal. Just a little ticked this year over the championship game and the C-USA champ being ousted from the Liberty Bowl in favor of Vandy.

ennuipoet
    Participant

What are you guys a buncha stock brokers, why all the hate on the Securities and Exchange Commission…sure they’re ineffectual but look at what they are up against!

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • The topic ‘New contest voting system’ is closed to new replies.