New England Meet and Greet

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill New England Meet and Greet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

Here’s the scoop, as previously mentioned on Facebook. Kestrana and I are going to be moving from CT to VA in late July, and there’s still a few people in the area that we’d like to shoot with.

We know that No Big Deal is in RI, Sleeping‘s in Mass, Clouddancer‘s in Maine, QueenBee‘s in Joisey, Ennuipoet‘s in the city, and I think Yugoboy lives upstate NY somewhere.

We’re thinking about trying to arrange an upcoming weekend day where we can all coalesce in the middle and run amok with our gear. If we go somewhere along the New Haven line, or a short drive from there, we can pick up people coming out of the city, but it makes for a longer drive for the Maine/Mass/RI crowd. Away from the New Haven line, and it’s nigh impossible for Ennuipoet and his reliance on the city for mass transit (:P).

What says yous guys? Who’s up? When works for you. Time is short, hash it out below.

/Also, very remotely related, we’re toying with getting one last season pass for CT State parks and doing a 10 parks in 20 days thing since I’m not working and we have lots of time. So, you know. If Gillette Castle has been on your list of things to see for the last 30 years, you can cross it off the same time we do.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I can only do, well basically, next weekend. I am shooting Improv Everywhere’s MP3 Experiment 8 on the 16th and pet sitting the rest of the month. So, unless people want to do it on real short notice I may be out.

Sorry, all of the sudden the world just became rife with oppurtunity! 🙁

orionid
    Participant

Next weekend as in the 9th and 10th?

I’ve been looking at parks and things in a 1 hr radius from New Haven, and if anyone else would be interested, could figure something out by then. I can’t speak for Kestrana, but I’ve also been wanting to go back to the Mystic Seaport and there’s lots of photographic opportunity there.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I can do next weekend, and Mystic Seaport sounds awesome. I am pretty much up for whatever you guys want, drag me around and show me sights. Let’s run this up the flag pole and see…no wait, we’re civilians, lets see whose up for it.

orionid
    Participant

There’s also a butterfly conservatory in South Deerfield Mass. http://www.magicwings.com/ It’s about as central New England as you get, it’s full of flowers and butterflies and looks pretty awesome. It’s also near an historic colonial town which could be a cool added bonus. For us, it’d be an extra 30 minutes to pick people up from the newhaven train station.

Kestrana
    Participant

I can do next weekend, and Mystic Seaport sounds awesome. I am pretty much up for whatever you guys want, drag me around and show me sights. Let’s run this up the flag pole and see…no wait, we’re civilians, lets see whose up for it.

If no one else speaks up for next weekend sure, just let us know when to pick you up at the train station. We’ve got a futon with your name on it. We can do Mystic part of one day, and there’s tons and tons of other things over here. I want to go to Gillette Castle, we found some abandoned stuff to check out (too late for the contest but still cool) and etc.

ennuipoet
    Participant

Let’s put it on paper then, I will pick a train and let you know when I will be there. OK, Farktographers, anyone else in?

clouddancer
    Participant

If I could get away with coming down, I would (won’t bore you with the details). You kids go have fun, though!

sleeping
    Participant

I don’t have anything planned for next weekend, I should be able to head down there.

QueenBee
    Participant

I’m allowed to come play with my lowly little point and shoot? 😀 I haven’t been to mystic seaport in years. I have to see what my work schedule is like and my money situation. I was off all this week, sans pay, so money is a little tight at the moment.

Kestrana
    Participant

Of course! sleeping I’ll PM you our address on fbook.

Yugoboy
    Participant

If gas suddenly dropped to sub-$2 I could afford the trip. I’m not just upstate (apparently north of Rye is upstate), I’m in western NY… it’d be over $100 in gas just to get there and back. I’ll have to decline, unfortunately.

Enjoy yourselves. Keep me in mind for future jaunts (just got back from Adirondacks, and am going to be working for 5 weeks until parent-provided Italy trip… don’t weep for me, just miss me.. 😉 )

orionid
    Participant

(apparently north of Rye is upstate)

Heh. I’ve always imagined a line halfway between Poughkeepsie and Albany to be the demarcation between upstate and assholes… I mean downstate.

QueenBee
    Participant

Hey now…while I did go to school in Poughkeepsie for a while, I live 8 yrs on Long Island! Not saying I liked it, but I definitely don’t fall in the Asshole category. My ex on the other hand…besides, we all know I’m a Jersey girl at heart anyway 😉

ennuipoet
    Participant

(apparently north of Rye is upstate)

Heh. I’ve always imagined a line halfway between Poughkeepsie and Albany to be the demarcation between upstate and assholes… I mean downstate.

HEY! What! I Don’t Even!

No, actually, that would be accurate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • The topic ‘New England Meet and Greet’ is closed to new replies.