New Feature & Update Announcements

Forums Forums News Bibliostats New Feature & Update Announcements

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Not sure where else to put this, so here it is: Some have wished before that there was some means of voting without seeing user names (to better promote fairness), so here’s a script that allows just that. It removes the username and TotalFark icon from all entries on a contest page. To use it:

1. Open the contest page where you’d normally vote. To prevent having to do this multiple times, you’ll probably want to view all entries on a single page.
    2. Before scrolling down to see any entries, paste the javascript below into the address bar of your browser and press enter. The entire script should be one single line. Also, for some reason IE9 eats the leading “javascript:” when you first paste it into the broswer address bar. Just position the cursor at the front of the address bar and type it back in before pressing Enter and it’ll work.

javascript:var%20x=$(‘div.cloginLeft%20a[id^=”cu”]’).remove();var%20y=$(‘div.cloginLeft%20a[href$=”totalfarksignup”]’).remove()

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Apparently Zeke has our browser security set up in such a way that I can’t do that directly in the address bar. There’s a way to disable that, but I’m heading somewhere right now, so I’ll have to check that out later. This really excites me!

In other news, Bibliostats thinks I’ve participated 108% of the time in this sliding quarter?

fluffybunny
    Participant

Coolness CISS. This also works as a “Bookmarks Toolbar” button in Seamonkey (and likely Firefox, IE et. al.) making it more convenient at least for me.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

In other news, Bibliostats thinks I’ve participated 108% of the time in this sliding quarter?

Hmm, I’m assuming you don’t have an evil twin from an alternate universe entering shots on your behalf, so that’d be a bug, then. 😉 Thanks for the heads up!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yep, it was just a bug, isolated to the participation rate calculation. Forgot to change the 12 to 13 when I changed the definition of SQ. Too bad, I wanted to see the evil twin Els with her goatee. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

LOL If we do another self-portrait theme, I’ll have to go with a goatee 😉

Glad it was an easy fix!

Kestrana
    Participant

Awesome! Now I have to figure out how to use this.

ravnostic
    Participant

Is it just me before my ‘morning’ coffee, or are some of the weekly stats showing up on the Bibliostats page?

SilverStag
    Participant

Hmm, I’m assuming you don’t have an evil twin

I’ve actually met El’s evil photography twin.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Is it just me before my ‘morning’ coffee, or are some of the weekly stats showing up on the Bibliostats page?

You weren’t hallucinating, rav, but you must’ve missed my post at the end of the Off Kilter thread. 😉 I didn’t make an official announcement here yet because it was a beta release, but it’s official now. See below for more details…

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

May 7, 2012 – New Features

• The weekly reports that I used to post here are now online and accessible via the Contestants/Reports menu. Reports have been expanded to include the top 100 contestants in each category and contain all of the rankings of the previous version plus a few new ones (17 categories altogether) across 3 different time periods.
    • Rankings for each of the categories represented on the Contestant Reports page appear on the individual contestant pages. This gives you a quick way of viewing where you stand in all categories (or if you’re not in the top 100 for a category).

Note that if you’ve previously checked out either of these changes, I’ve also color-coded the time period columns in this release, so let me know if you like the change. If found it to be much more readable.

fluffybunny
    Participant

CISS, yes good call on colorizing the columns. Thanks again for all the work you do on stats.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Hmm, I’m assuming you don’t have an evil twin

I’ve actually met El’s evil photography twin.

Indeed he has. She lacks the goatee, but she’s still my Evil Photography Twin.

/also has an Evil Photography Triplet
    //also bereft of goatee

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

//also bereft of goatee

🙄 Yeah, right… If there’s anything I learned from Star Trek, it’s that evil twins ALWAYS have goatees. If that weren’t the case, how would we know that YOU aren’t the evil twin? 😯

staplermofo
    Participant

Lemme guess, the twin is a finger dancer who photographs celibate bugs quietly praying for the sodomite bugs, and the triplet is an exotic dancer who photographs spider snuff and gnat orgies.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 100 total)
  • The topic ‘New Feature & Update Announcements’ is closed to new replies.