"new posts" link missing?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill "new posts" link missing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

Is it just me, or is the “View new posts” link missing from the forum index?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I haven’t really paid attention to those links before, but do you mean “View unread posts?” These are the links I see at the top of the forum index:

• View your posts
    • View unread posts
    • View unanswered posts
    • Mark all forums read

If you’re not seeing these, make sure you’re logged in. I started poking around this morning and wondered why there weren’t any orange new post indicators when I finally realized that I’d been logged out overnight (I’m guessing Zeke was tweaking something).

chupathingie
    Participant

I see those, there was once a “view new posts” which I used all the time. “unread” will work, I suppose.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I haven’t had a lot of time to explore the differences yet, but that could very well be a “feature” (or lack thereof) of the updated forum software.

admin
    Keymaster

I haven’t really paid attention to those links before, but do you mean “View unread posts?” These are the links I see at the top of the forum index:

• View your posts
    • View unread posts
    • View unanswered posts
    • Mark all forums read

If you’re not seeing these, make sure you’re logged in. I started poking around this morning and wondered why there weren’t any orange new post indicators when I finally realized that I’d been logged out overnight (I’m guessing Zeke was tweaking something).

Nope, that wasn’t me. The old site was configured to never log users out; I hadn’t gone looking for that option this go around. It’s changed now, so unless you explicitly log out, you’ll stay logged in.

ravnostic
    Participant

New stuff abounds. Look, I have an avatar! (that feature hadn’t worked in forever, or at least not in my farktography history.) What are the chances, oh Zekeiness, of using my own gif for the purpose?

//I know it’s a lot to ask…

admin
    Keymaster

Since you asked nicely, avatar uploads have been enabled. Go to the ‘profile’ button where you set your avatar before. There’s now a spot for you to upload your own graphic so long as its 100×100 and under 11k.

Enjoy!

ravnostic
    Participant

God bless you! (Or spaghetti monster bless you, or geisuntyte, whichever you prefer). You’re a god among mortal beings.

Wheeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

admin
    Keymaster

Rav, when someone asks you if you’re a God, you say YES.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Yay!!!!!!!!!! Can haz Pancake Bunny Head!!!!!!!!!!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Dammit…now I need to figure out an avatar. Do you realize the analysis paralysis that goes along with choosing such a representative image for my interwebz persona????

ravnostic
    Participant

All hail He who is Zod!

Elsinore; something with a belly and chimes, perhaps? Or is that too un-Den-motherly?

chupathingie
    Participant

hmmmm… reminds me I need to redo my sig line to include the clear sky clock… and whip up a cool avatar soes I can be the envy of the mortal realms finally! MUAAHAHAHAHAH!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Yay!!!!!!!!!!

My first thought, which soon lead to…

Dammit…now I need to figure out an avatar. Do you realize the analysis paralysis that goes along with choosing such a representative image for my interwebz persona????

my second thought.

But, yeah, thanks Zeke! I really didn’t care much for the choice of stock avatars.

chupathingie
    Participant

well, that was easy… I didn’t even have to re-add my sig. I coulda sworn it was gone earlier…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘"new posts" link missing?’ is closed to new replies.