New Themes Moderator

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Themes New Themes Moderator

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

OK… I finally got Moderator functions (there was some background software stuff slowing this up). I’m still sussing out the How-Tos of it all. Any theme that is a Sticky that supposedly expired before 2013 will be excised tomorrow. ANY/ALL threads that reach 10 votes between now and then (no matter how old) I will promote to the Hopper. All suggestions not yet Sticky-ed will expire on Groundhog Day (Feb 2).

Other than that, I intend to moderate this forum no different from the way it has been done all along. To wit: 1 month voting time from date of suggestion and 10 votes for Hopper status.

If I find I can swing the time (and I can be fair to all) I’ll try to give a 2-3 day warning before a Sticky expires. That won’t start for a few weeks until I figure out how much effort this is going to take (I don’t expect much, but I want to remain fair to all, especially as I plan to continue suggesting and voting myself. If I can’t be fair in the doing, I’ll be fair by not doing.)

Kestrana
    Participant

Just checking in while I have wifi access in a random Starbucks! Looks like you’re doing great Yugoboy, much appreciated.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Thanx Kes!

The only thing I’m slacking on is not updating the “Themes we’ve used” post in a while. If I don’t get to it this weekend, February Recess starts next weekend.

Elsinore and I decided to cave to our pack-rat natures and begin archiving Theme discussion/voting threads in the “Where old threads go to die” forum. It will make it easy to update the post later, and can be used for reference either when submitting a theme or referencing one in the future (if one becomes a classic)

Kestrana
    Participant

Whatever works for you man. Whatever works for you. Are you not using the hopper then? I noticed hoppered threads in the forum but not added to the hopper post.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Whatever works for you man. Whatever works for you. Are you not using the hopper then? I noticed hoppered threads in the forum but not added to the hopper post.

Honestly, I never used it before, so I didn’t notice it. I’ll look into it later (when I update the Themes We’ve Used thread) when I get time.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘New Themes Moderator’ is closed to new replies.