nikon D3

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware nikon D3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

had an opportunity yesterday to see a nikon D3. have any of you ever used one and if so what did you think?

no i’m not going to buy one i’m just (lower case c) curious. the photographer who had this one was at work doing catalog shots and some general background stuff in the factory. i interrupted him to ask what he was using since the light levels are somewhat low for good photography.

he was shooting at ASA 800 and getting great no noise shots. he said that the D3 was the best low light camera he has seen/used. the online reviews i since read bear that out.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Nice camera, too bad it’s a Nikon 😉

I’v read some reviews and like you said they are all glowing.

However…

IMHO the best dslr on the market right now is the Canon 5D mark II

The high ISO capabilities of this camera are amazing. ISO 3200 looks like 400
    Also it is 1/2 the price of a D3 and 1/3 a D3x

Pennies are going into the savings jar as we speak.

staplermofo
    Participant

I bet you didn’t even try to mug him.

3Horn
    Participant

IMHO the best dslr on the market right now is the Canon 5D mark II.

Nah, the D700. But I guess if you have to shoot Canon the 5D mk II will have to do.

Curious
    Participant

I bet you didn’t even try to mug him.

too many witnesses 🙂

also i’d be suspect one anyway since no one else there has any real interest in photography.

thanks for the feedback NoBigDeal and 3Horn

nobigdeal
    Participant

Nah, the D700. But I guess if you have to shoot a really good picture Canon the 5D mk II will have to do.

FTFY 😀

schnee
    Participant

Nah, the D700. But I guess if you have to shoot Canon the 5D mk II will have to do.

I just made a decision between those two systems. It seems to me that either way, the photographer would be very happy. The Canon and Nikon seem to have very close performance ISO wise. The Canon brings a kajillion pixels and 1080P video; Nikon has superb AF. It probably depends on a particular photographer’s typical camera use and likely subjects.

/anyone want to buy some Canon lenses?

soosh
    Participant

whattya got?

nobigdeal
    Participant

I just made a decision between those two systems. It seems to me that either way, the photographer would be very happy. The Canon and Nikon seem to have very close performance ISO wise. The Canon brings a kajillion pixels and 1080P video; Nikon has superb AF. It probably depends on a particular photographer’s typical camera use and likely subjects.

What do you have?

olavf
    Participant

Thirded on ‘whaddyagot’. The missus just presented me with some lens money, with the understanding that I should probably buy something long…

millera9
    Participant

I’d be interested in any of the wide stuff you might be selling schnee.

soosh
    Participant

Thirded on ‘whaddyagot’. The missus just presented me with some lens money, with the understanding that I should probably buy something long…

I’m selling a Tamron 180mm f/3.5 macro if you’re interested.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got any example pics and what are you asking for it, soosh?

Fourthed or Fifthed on wondering what lenses schnee is offering.

olavf
    Participant

I’m selling a Tamron 180mm f/3.5 macro if you’re interested.

That’s definitely tempting. Not quite as long as I was looking at, and probably just out of budget, but damn, that’s a nice lens from what I’ve read.

What are you asking for it?

soosh
    Participant

I’m asking $500. Here’s my ad on photo.net: http://photo.net/gc/view-one?classified_ad_id=942071

sample shots:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘nikon D3’ is closed to new replies.