O.K. I am freakin out now

Forums Forums Get Technical Hardware O.K. I am freakin out now

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

Congrats on the new camera!

lokisbong
    Participant

Thank you too! Crappy weather out side so I have been playing with it’s menus more than I ever did on the previous one. Took about 40 pictures with it before I realized it was set to jpeg only. Doh!

ravnostic
    Participant

I missed it. Which camera did you get? New toys are always nice. And I’m completely on-board with the the panic of not having one to hold (that works).

lokisbong
    Participant

I got the Canon EOS rebel T1i.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve seen some nice astro-shots come from that model, and IIRC, you’re under dark skies, right? Got a wide lens? Could be fun…

lokisbong
    Participant

I have the 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 kit lens that came with the old camera and yeah normally great dark skies but not tonight we are enjoying some rainy monsoon type stuff here right now. I have a gnarly solid tripod now too so yeah astro-shots will be happening once the weather decides to be a bit more desert like again. lol

ravnostic
    Participant

meanwhile, there’s always lightning during the ‘soons.

lokisbong
    Participant

meanwhile, there’s always lightning during the ‘soons.

I wish I could capture some lightning. From my apartment I have an awesome view of all the other apts. all the way around mine. And with no natural horizon I have not even seen a decent bolt other than the flash of light in the clouds in weeks. And with no open spaces that are protected from getting zapped I have not had the urge to go out side and try that. ( kinda worry about that whole if you can Hear the lightning you can get hit thing) If I had a car I might think about it a little bit but I am not sure that would be much safer than just standing out in the open. Which is a bummer because we had a humdinger of a lightning storm just 2 hours ago. never saw a bolt other than the flash of brightness. the power went out for well over an hour though.

edited to change see to hear lightning.

lokisbong
    Participant

And just to make sure that wasn’t just an old wives tale type thing I looked it up.
    http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/lightning/resources/lightning-safety.pdf
    Glad I have so far followed that advice.

Barracuda
    Participant

Hope you enjoy the T1i, hoping to get about a year more out of my XSi before I can’t stand the upgrade bug any longer. I have started having a periodic issue with the camera’s rear LCD going dark (ie off) on me. Usually turning it off and back on works to kick it back into gear, wonder if it has something to do with the sensor that registers when the camera is up to my face. The better high ISO is what I’m looking forward to most with my next body.

lokisbong
    Participant

Yeah I was pretty happy with the Rebel XS. It lasted from December 08 until a few weeks ago so I am ok with it dying now that I have a replacement. I really love the new T1i. I have taken around 90 pictures in the last two days. Mostly for this next theme. It’s been a pleasure to figure out the new camera. It’s mostly just like the XS . The XS doesn’t have a sensor for when you put the camera up to the eye piece so that was interesting to learn the new one does. I had to look up what the little doodads were all about. I’m just glad that wasn’t enabled from the factory or I would have thought there was a problem with the camera.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘O.K. I am freakin out now’ is closed to new replies.