Oops…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    millera9
    Participant

Finally got the x-rays scanned and uploaded for those interested.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/18279298@N00/t7138b

Snug Tight
    Participant

Owww! That’s got to hurt.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

I have to say, that’s an incredibly complete job you did there… Have you found out if your bionic arm will set off metal detectors?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Good grief, Miller, when you fuck up your arm, you fuck it up good. I hope it heals up quickly and doesn’t have any lasting damage!

Curious
    Participant

sweet

well that was inappropriate but you know what i meant. and will you set off metal detectors?

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

holy crap! I hope your hand still works!!!

anneb
    Participant

Whoa! Those are some pretty freaky X-rays. Take it easy on the hand… I hope it recovers fast and smooth!!!

millera9
    Participant

Haven’t found out about the metal detectors yet but I have at least that much titanium in my leg and it’s never registered so I’m hoping this won’t either. I guess I’ll find out eh? 🙂

Recovery is going well so far. I already have most of the motion in my fingers back and I’m even able to pick some small stuff up (pens, sheets of paper, etc.) The wrist still doesn’t really bend but that’s mostly from the swelling they think. It’s going to take some time but my physical therapist seems to think I’m already well ahead of the curve. So only positive developments thus far.

lokisbong
    Participant

man that sucks .hope the pain meds do their job swiftly and you heal even more swiftly.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

So Miller, It’s been three weeks, how’s it going?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Damn…has it been three weeks already? Geez time flies…

And uh, yeah, how’s it going?

FutherMucker
    Participant

I wish you fast recovery, Miller. I have shared this inconvenience. I broke the radius and ulna at wrist area. The cast went above my elbow and set in karate chop position for several weeks. Physical therapy goal was to put elbow against side of body and try to face palm at ceiling, then turn to face floor. It seem easy, but therapy involved much force twisting/cranking for several weeks to achieve this. Is nice to have full rotation now, because many simple things in life require it. Good luck for you quest !

millera9
    Participant

Yeah Tuesday was the three week anniversary of the surgery. It’s going quite well. I go to physical therapy three times a week and I’m doing exercises (including the one FutherMucker described) 6 times a day every day. I still have some swelling but the incisions are totally closed over and clean and the tissue is beginning to loosen up. I have almost normal use of my fingers back (including typing) but the wrist is still very limited. I can’t turn it over flat (palm up or palm down), I can’t pull it back or push it forward more than a few degrees. In about another week the swelling should be gone and my PT will then begin cranking and twisting it with abandon. I will endeavor not to weep.

Thanks for asking RcMac! I really appreciate the thought.

FutherMucker
    Participant

I will endeavor not to weep.

Is not so bad. I did not have insurance to cover costs at that time. It was $2,000.00 from my pocket for bone setting & x-rays. The PT was done from help of friends & family. The Dr. gave me instructions of exercises, and that I MUST do them for full recovery. The feeling was more of pressure than real pain. Sometimes still it will be stiff when the weather is heavy. Strange to explain this. But I am MUCH better at arm wrestle now because I think the wrist is stronger from before break. It’s as a lock wrist now. Try this in about a year. With all that metal, you maybe will be super human. 8)

Best wishes !

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The topic ‘Oops…’ is closed to new replies.