Open offer for a telescope visit

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Open offer for a telescope visit

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

You’re talking to a guy with a 4 1/4″ newt in the closet… 61″ is VERY impressive!

The other sad part with my 8″ Schmidt

I kinda feel like the 61″ isn’t impressive enough…Though, I’ve been there almost 80 times now…”

you ain’t seen nothing until you’ve seen Subaru. 322″ of sheer telescopular goodness.

bunch of size queens, if you ask me 😀 😆 🙄 😉

orionid
    Participant

bunch of size queens, if you ask me 😀 😆 🙄 😉

That’s why I kept my 5.1 inch out of the conversation.

ravnostic
    Participant

Plama–we still on for the 20th? I’ll be kinda late (near sunset kind of late); I work tonight, but should be able to get to the observatory around maybe 7ish?

//charging batteries now…

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Okay, so some difficulties have arisen. I need to leave pretty early to get all my stuff done up there, which usually would be fine, since you know where the telescope is. HOWEVER! The entire forest has now been closed to all traffic, and you need a special forest permit to get to the telescope. I have such a permit, but I think it only covers one person (me). Even if you were able to make it down here early enough to go up with me, I don’t think they’d allow you to stay. Unless you have some friends in the forest service who can get you an exemption permit, I don’t think it’s going to work.

ravnostic
    Participant

Damned forest fires. I’ll have to go with plan II.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Sorry! I’m really hoping the forest opens up next month so I can take my dad and brother up for some eyepiece observing when they come visit me.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Open offer for a telescope visit’ is closed to new replies.