Panoramic Printers

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

So, I’m lucky enough to have my first actual sale of my prints to one of the doctors I work with, she is buying several of my cityscapes to decorate her house. (How freaking awesome is THAT!) I am looking for a printer to do the work that won’t break the bank. The printer has to allow custom print jobs or panorama printing. I’m cutting the doc a deal on my prints for the potential of her snooty doctor friends seeing my stuff and wanting more, and I would like to keep the printing cost down as much as possible.

Anyone? Elsinore? You’ve got prints hanging in gallery views, what do you do?

caradoc
    Participant

I’ve been very happy with the prints I get from Blue Cube Imaging. Drop him a note, tell him what you’re looking for. His ad said he can do up to 30″ by 160′.

Yes. Thirty inches by one-hundred-and-sixty feet.

http://www.bluecubeimaging.com

Kestrana
    Participant

Congratulations!

ennuipoet
    Participant

Congratulations!

Thanks!

chupathingie
    Participant

Seconds on the congrats!

No help for your need here tho, I’m in the same boat… well, as far as needing a printer, that is. I’ve yet to sell anything of mine.

ravnostic
    Participant

I will ask my aunt; she gets them from some online site, and has sold a number of her prints; as I recall she is very impressed with the service.

ravnostic
    Participant

Oh, and congrats!

orionid
    Participant

+1

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sweet, congrats! The stuff I’ve printed has all been more typical aspect ratios, save for one 5×15 I test printed once. I love the quality through Mpix (my preferred printer), but they don’t have a lot of panorama options, unfortunately. You could always put your photo on a larger image leaving white space around it, then print and trim to your specifications, but I’d try Caradoc’s suggestion first.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I actually found a place that could do what I wanted and do it for a very nice price. myphotopipe.com has a ton of options for standard and pano printing, it’s well reviewed, easy to use and as soon as I have my prints in hand I’ll attest to the quality. Now, the even MORE IMPORTANT question: should I sign the print or just include a business card? The printer will put my info on the back of the print, but what about the front? I don’t want to watermark a display print, but perhaps a little signature in the corner 🙂

olavf
    Participant

I sign the back of the print, and the matting if applicable (I usually mat my own prints).

The back of the print I use an archival-quality pen, and the mat, I sign in pencil. I put the year and the title on the back too.

Oh, and congrats!

ennuipoet
    Participant

I sign the back of the print, and the matting if applicable (I usually mat my own prints).

The back of the print I use an archival-quality pen, and the mat, I sign in pencil. I put the year and the title on the back too.

Oh, and congrats!

Thanks, for the congrats and the info. I’ve had my writing published, I had a play I wrote performed, but somehow this seems bigger. This will be around a long time and that makes me feel like I should do it right. I would like to think that someday long after I am gone, someone will look at the pic and signature and ask themselves: “Who?” 😛

olavf
    Participant

Awesome.

And yeah, I still think of photographs as two separate entities – the digital, and the print. I’d certainly like to think someone was looking at one of my prints 50 years from now…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Panoramic Printers’ is closed to new replies.