Picture #10,000 on my Canon 40D

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Picture #10,000 on my Canon 40D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

And it makes me sound fat.

Kestrana
    Participant

Fax me a copy of that, medium rare plzkthxbai

clouddancer
    Participant

That looks so good right now…

Nope. Not hungry one iota.

/drool

olavf
    Participant

It may well have been the best burger I’ve ever eaten, to be honest. I managed to outdo myself…

I should have mentioned what it is – it’s a caprese burger. You’ve never heard of one because I made it up 😛
    /please don’t consider this a plug, but the write-up on the recipe is here: http://nom.follandfamily.com/index.php/77-recipies/70-capreseburger and I don’t want to re-type all that.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Inspired by your count, I decided to count my shots.

I’m at 6520 that I’ve kept on my Nikon. Since late April. I can’t decide if I’m profligate, or insane. I should come close if not go over next month in Italy. I’ll probably get another 3-400 in before this week’s over. I’m headed back to the Bills’ training camp tomorrow for the Sports Photography contest (I took 230 there yesterday, with nothing I’m so thrilled with… I’m not even a Bills fan, there just isn’t another team in town). I’m also gonna do some more night photography Tuesday.

Oh… yeah… that burger looks real nice. Good job on both the cooking and the photography.

ravnostic
    Participant

I should have mentioned what it is – it’s a caprese burger. You’ve never heard of one because I made it up 😛

Sure I’ve heard of it before–read about it on G+

😉

(looks delish!)

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Very interesting, olavf. We eat a good deal of caprese here and the occasional burger, but I’ve never thought about combining the two…

Farktographer
    Participant

Why? Why would you DO that to your burger? Vegetables? Shame on you!

olavf
    Participant

Yugoboy I take a lot fewer pictures on an outing than I used to. I don’t know if I’ve gotten overly picky, or just in some rut, but 100 on a day out is high for me. Unless it’s something exemplary (like that trip down 395 earlier this year). I suspect that if I did more interesting things, the number would be higher, but…. =P

Heh, rav you could have said something. I’m trying to combine three hobbies here. photography, pron, and food. photographyfoodpron. (hey, I wonder if that URL is available)

CauseISaidSo it turned out better than the picture. The three kids inhaled theirs. =P

Farktographer, look at the picture. LOOK AT EEEET. You know you want it.

But, 10K seems to be some sort of magical milestone, at least for me. Kinda like flipping the odometer on a car- I’ve been ]using it. A lot.

Kestrana
    Participant

olavf I shoot a LOT less than I used to when I first got my dslr now, but I think I process the same if not more of the pictures I take.

olavf
    Participant

I think that’s also true. I take a lot of shots are variations on a theme, or, when I’m doing (especially hand-held) macros, ‘insurance’ that I didn’t flinch and muck up the focus, but on the whole, I think the shot-to-print ratio is much higher than it was.

Time-frame is harder to say though. I think the first 5K, I was doing a lot more going out and shooting 200 frames, whereas the last 5K I was going out more and maybe shooting 100 on a busy day.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’ll have to bear all of this in mind. I still think I’ll get to 10k before September.
    20k may take longer, depending.

Some of the shoots are like that Blue Angel shoot… the action’s so fast, I’m tossing 5 or 8 shots every time they passed over head. Same with training camp. I don’t want to miss a good catch, so I’ll shoot like 4 on each route. When shooting macros or more stationary targets (i.e. buildings or cars) there’s fewer shots due to more time to get the shot.

orionid
    Participant

I like meat.

olavf
    Participant

Yugoboy, I do that a lot too – it’s one of the advantages of digital. The big difference for me is that I don’t take nearly as many ‘experimental’ shots as I used to, because I know what things are going to look like in the camera. So, less screwing around, and more photo taking, even if many of them don’t see the light of day.

olavf
    Participant

I like meat.

Meat is neat. I grilled 3 out of the last four days. I opted to take it easy tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Picture #10,000 on my Canon 40D’ is closed to new replies.