Question about a Farktography Rule

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Question about a Farktography Rule

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Kestrana
    Participant

If your idea going into this is that a mountain has to be Mt. Everest IMHO you’re setting yourself up for failure. Being from the midwest, even the “hills” around San Diego seemed like enormous mountains to me. Even a molehill can be a mountain in the right perspective…

ravnostic
    Participant

If your idea going into this is that a mountain has to be Mt. Everest IMHO you’re setting yourself up for failure. Being from the midwest, even the “hills” around San Diego seemed like enormous mountains to me. Even a molehill can be a mountain in the right perspective…

This, and what Kestrana wrote about the box thinking.

I happen to have nearby Mountains, and even waterfalls that won’t compete with Hawaii or Peru or etc.,
    but I don’t have an active volcano handy. I created this from some gauze
    fabric, Christmas lights, and small pillows under a blanket. Don’t know if I’ll
    use it, or recreate it to make it better (ve hav vays…or at least ideas), but
    it’s an example of creating an effect to fit a theme.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Damn, you just reminded me-I might be going to Mt. Everest next summer (as long as I can work it into my schedule). Too bad I won’t be able to use it for that contest.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

This, and what Kestrana wrote about the box thinking.

I happen to have nearby Mountains, and even waterfalls that won’t compete with Hawaii or Peru or etc.,
    but I don’t have an active volcano handy. I created this from some gauze
    fabric, Christmas lights, and small pillows under a blanket. Don’t know if I’ll
    use it, or recreate it to make it better (ve hav vays…or at least ideas), but
    it’s an example of creating an effect to fit a theme.

Just MHO, but while that’s an otherwise cool photo, I don’t really see “mountains” or “volcanoes” in that.

Kestrana
    Participant

Yeah I don’t want to discourage creativity but that’s a little more out of the box than I meant.

ravnostic
    Participant

Ya don’t? I thought it kind of looks like lava erupting all over a mountain, and flowing downhill. Granted, it’s a rather artsy-farsty representation. I guess I’ll stick to making a mountain out of a mole hill. 😉

//Actually, I have oodles of mountain pictures that would be much stronger entries and are more likely to be used. But I liked this, anyway, esp. for something made on the fly with little forethought.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I guess I’ll stick to making a mountain out of a mole hill. 😉

I actually tried this, but wasn’t happy with what I got 🙁

orionid
    Participant

I guess I’ll stick to making a mountain out of a mole hill. 😉

I actually tried this, but wasn’t happy with what I got 🙁

Dig a small hole for your camera to get a better perspective angle.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Question about a Farktography Rule’ is closed to new replies.