Red Wings 2012

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Red Wings 2012

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

More – Mid-May. I’ve already uploaded watermarked versions on the blog, but you guys get the uncluttered ones 🙂

I like the way this one turned out:

Sometimes a picture just doesn’t come out quite the way you wanted… if it’s good enough, you just photoshop it into shape so it looks intentional:

Full explanation on the blog, but for this one and the next, I forgot and only brought the 18-55mm lens.

I really like how the action turned out in this one:

I’ve started trying to get close-ups in the on-deck circle.

Still not quite done with May 19, but I’m almost up to date 😉

As it is, I’ve been out shooting flowers and buildings for a couple hoppered themes as well, so my camera’s been BUSY…

fluffybunny
    Participant

I really like “Pedro-is-Ready-May17.jpg”, certainly atypical sports photography.

/Sucker for the atypical

Yugoboy
    Participant

May 19 was a fireworks night, so I stayed for the full game. A full game with 2 evenly matched opponents means some interesting plays. These are out of order, but here goes:

In this one, notice the position of the 1st baseman… the ball was badly thrown and he missed it… notice the runner… he’s posed very entertainingly…

I’m trying to pay more attention to the game beyond the pitcher-batter dynamic… here, the catcher’s about to catch a pop foul. Yeah he got one of our guys out, but this is a good shot (except for it being too dark SOOC):

I’ll only be posting batter/pitcher images when they are interesting for one reason or the other… here is Nishioka’s first home run of the season:

I like everything about this photo except the fact that the catcher held onto the ball and the Wings’ runner was declared out 🙁

Finally, even when things go well, they can go badly… sure we got a couple runners to third… unfortunately, they were both there at once! Oops.

Fireworks in a later post… I’m beat.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Somehow the fireworks pix didn’t make it to the flash drive… I’ll post them later.
    These are the last few pics from before a long week of no games.

This pop fly pic came out good, mainly because I got the ball in the glove before the pitcher wrapped his glove around it. The 1st baseman and catcher were right where they needed to be, but the pitcher had it all the way.

I am sooooooo ready for the high speed contest 😉

This was a nice shot of the Braves second baseman about to throw out the batter at first on a force-out.

I’m fairly certain this was a mighty strike, but look at the forearms on this guy:

A good shot of a pitcher working his ass off is a good shot of a pitcher working his ass off…

May 21st was a night game. While I usually like action shots, this one seemed kind of lonely and definitely contemplative.

This was a between innings shot. This ball got scuffed during the pitcher’s warm up throws and was tossed away. It took the ball bay a long time to get it, and it just seemed to be asking to be shot.

Almost a grand slam. A 3-run home run that clinched the win for the Wings. The celebration at home was nice.

The efforts to throw out base runners provide easy to shot non-pitcher/batter drama, and sometimes come out good.

I’m pretty sure I’m only 2 games behind, still. After tonight’s game, it’ll be three games. I’m actually surprised I’ve kept it going this long.

One of the spectators asked for access to some of the pics a while ago. I pointed him here and to my SkyDrive. He asked one of the club guys, and they suggested a basic address to send an email to. I’ve done that. We’ll see if I get any response at all.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Had an entire week off from stadium work, because there weren’t any games. Both teams were away. Got 3 Yankees games and 1 Wings game to show off. I’ve already got these on the blog, but these are watermark-free. Speaking of the watermark, if you’ve seen the pix on the blog, you’ll know that I don’t use the mark to prevent usage; I try to keep it out of the way of the action in the picture. It’s mostly for branding purposes. I’d kind of like to get a media pass and do more with other teams in town (all we’ve got are minor league teams, but they’re all top tier teams). I’m also beginning to think about doing the Kickstarter thing to get an inventory of prints ready for festivals and shows.

Anyway, on to the pix:

orionid
    Participant

I’m digging the wide aspects.

Yugoboy
    Participant

I’m digging the wide aspects.

Thanx! I’m assuming that means the wide angle type ones, like the unsuccessful stolen base?
    Either way… Thanx!

Today’s game was delayed over an hour by a downpour moments before pre-game ceremonies. (Although “down”pour isn’t quite accurate, more like 45-degree angle-pour.)

Got a couple nice shots from the fact that I got to actually see some of these ceremonies for once. I’m not a big fan of ceremonies, but I tried to endure them stoically. These two shots almost made it worth it.

This next one is of the 2B, SS and 3B. Looks almost like the cast of a Disney movie…

Two game shots. One’s a combined shot. The 3rd out of the first half of the first inning was a comebacker to the mound that was fielded well by the pitcher. The throw, however, left something to be desired. Only because Parmalee’s a decent 1B was the inning over.

This last one is one of a series of about 7 of Nishioki stealing second. I like this one best, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be one of my Freeze Frame entries. (Notice the ball in the upper right of the picture.)

It started raining on me on my way home. I have no idea right now if they even got to finish the game.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Red Wings 2012’ is closed to new replies.