Should I Stay or Should I go…

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Should I Stay or Should I go…

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

good job snug!

Snug Tight
    Participant

Thanks Elsinore and monkeybort. Now that I am thawed out, I am kind of disappointed in myself. I went there to shoot the event, but I ended up trying to get a good photo of Obama. I got there 3 hours early and walked around shooting the media mostly. I noticed the line only had about 50 people in it. I got in line thinking I would be right up front. Before I went, I checked online, and while there I asked people if tickets were needed. The answer was always no. Turns out you didn?t need tickets to get in, but if you wanted you get close, you had to have a ticket. I saw basically 3 ?corrals?. Non ticket holders got put in the back corral. Friends, union reps and probably people who donated money, got red tickets and were put in the corral in front of us. Close friends and family had yellow tickets and went in the corral in front of the red section. I also saw gates for blue ticket holders and white ticket holders, but I?m not sure where they ended up. Looking at the news coverage later, there were probably 5000 people in front of me and about 10000 people behind me. I wish I would have stayed on the fringes, there was a lot of interesting things going on, like the motorcade showing up and an abortion protest. Also after about 3 ? hours in below freezing weather, my camera seemed to get a bit of a shutter lag, I think.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Should I Stay or Should I go…’ is closed to new replies.