Soooooooooper Mooooooooon

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Soooooooooper Mooooooooon

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

let do this.

want to see my moon shot? go here

lokisbong
    Participant

let do this.

want to see my moon shot? go here

Better than mine by a fair bit. I had to focus through a mild dust storm though. Stupid wind is still howling at midnight

ravnostic
    Participant

Very nice, Curious! I think lokisbong and I have similar weather–lots of silvery haze around from blowing dust. We have whispy translucent clouds, as well. I’ve gotten off a few shots tonight, nothing spectacular. One I like, thusfar, you can easily notice the less-distinct sharp edge as is evident around the other three sides. Because she was a perigee, shes moving a bit faster than average, and the ‘full’ phase is visibly less so in this image just 15 hours after the event. The hazy skies are no help, though. I’ll continue trying.

Curious
    Participant

thank you both. these are the first decent moon shots i’ve ever taken. while i’m happy with them compared to all the earlier ones i still am not fond of the contrast. NoBigDeal‘s is really nice in that respect. i’ll play with that in the RAW file some and see if i can fix it.

Plamadude30k
    Participant

Ah, the moon, the optical astronomer’s bane.
    Here’s my moon shot:
    https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/8AEUFNwpo5JKO_88psvw6A?feat=directlink
    Taken using a 24″ telescope. Miniscule, I know. Everything seems small after Subaru and Keck.

ravnostic
    Participant

Miniscule, I know. Everything seems small after Subaru and Keck.

I remember dating them in the late 1990’s.

http://www.ravnostic.com/gallery0/moon20110320sml.jpg

Nothing spectacular. I dozed off before it hit the western horizon. I do still like that you can see the western limb (which is up top here) being distinctly not full and crisp–a testament to how fast she was moving in relation to us. It’s only some 15 hours after full.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Soooooooooper Mooooooooon’ is closed to new replies.