Summer Storms

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Summer Storms

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    ravnostic
    Participant

I thought I’d post some of the weather I get around here; hope you’ll post some of yours’all. Tornadoes most welcome!!

I got these on my lunch break (a little after midnight) on the 11th.

ravnostic
    Participant

//spent a lot more time with the 2nd one, obviously.

lokisbong
    Participant

Very nice! I have only seen lightning way off in the distance when I didn’t have my zoom lens with me since I moved here.

bender16v
    Participant

Those are great, especially the double. We haven’t had any lightning (or rain) around Michigan for a long time. There was a storm a couple weeks ago when I was in Greenville, SC but of course I didn’t have my as-of-yet-untested trigger or anything with me. Here’s the best I got hand holding at 1/4 sec.

linguine
    Participant

Rav, you and Caradoc are going to be making me miss Arizona with the monsoon pics. Guess I might as well join in with some from last year.

DSC_0121 monsoons small by guine, on Flickr

ennuipoet
    Participant

I want to do Lighting shots so badly, but I lack the location. Sure, I could stand in the middle of a field with a big metal tripod, but somehow I am not willing to give that much to my art. (I live in a basement apartment, the only way I could shoot a bolt from the house is if it hit my courtyard. See Above.)

caradoc
    Participant

Got this one last night:

caradoc
    Participant

I bugged out just as that dust hit my location. It got nasty.

ravnostic
    Participant

Great shots, guys! We just got dumped on; it woke me up (I was due to wake up anyway. I may go out tonight; I know Caradoc is already out there. Still haven’t gotten my trigger yet, though.

caradoc
    Participant

No lightning for me yesterday. But the drive wasn’t wasted:

caradoc
    Participant

Today:

hunches
    Participant

Last night just as the sun was going down a crack opened in the clouds and produced this double rainbow:

I’d never seen anything like the way the inside of the rainbow was colored!

ravnostic
    Participant

Sunset rainbows are the best; everything mutes but the reds; hard to catch a double so nice work!

caradoc
    Participant

ravnostic
    Participant

Nice! I got one on my first break at work that I like: https://plus.google.com/u/0/107857888121727893520/posts/BPX7N2ebfwa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘Summer Storms’ is closed to new replies.