Summer Storms

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery Summer Storms

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    lokisbong
    Participant

Damn that last shot is cool! I like the star trails and lightning in one shot.

ravnostic
    Participant

Yeah, well; it’s 45 shots, but stacking does wonders. We do have an astro-theme in the works where stacking is permitted? This may be among them (unless I can do better, of course).

caradoc
    Participant

Dammit, Caradoc, I’ve been out several times and just can’t seem to find the thunderheads displaying bolts in the daylight to pop my lightning trigger cherry! And you just go posting them away….

My day job is 5AM to 3PM, and I’ve got a sixteen-month-old in the house.

Therefore, I must get my photos when I can, where I can. As I recall, you were the one who’s been able to get out and go places like the Hunt highway more often than I this season… 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

Oh sure; I was ‘on the’ Hunt at 9 pm!! What’s the point of a lightning trigger there and then!!

(when do we get to see the new Stray Cat shots? Inquiring minds…)

she must be a rugrat by now…there’s some good pikchures, too…

bender16v
    Participant

I rolled into Colorado Springs Monday night and there was a big storm. I tried for a while and only really caught one strike. I cropped my rental truck out since the 8mm fisheye catches more than I though.

caradoc
    Participant

Nice!

caradoc
    Participant

Last night…

ravnostic
    Participant

Oh, sure caradoc, let’s just post this everywhere for people to see!

;p

I particularly like the light in the clouds; was that from the lightning, or was that from the sunlight still hitting them up there?

caradoc
    Participant

Both. The top of the cloud was picking up some of the sunset glow, but it was pulsing brighter during the strikes, especially in the virga above the one cloud but below the higher top where can see a bit of arcus rolling toward camera right.

ravnostic
    Participant

Dude! I love Arcus Young!–I’m such a big AC/DC fan; I didn’t even notice him till you mentioned it; how excellent that you got the shot with him there! 😀

fluffybunny
    Participant

Dude! I love Arcus Young!–I’m such a big AC/DC fan; I didn’t even notice him till you mentioned it; how excellent that you got the shot with him there! 😀

What a young angus might look like:

caradoc
    Participant

Rav, please don’t hurt me.

ravnostic
    Participant
    caradoc wrote:
    Rav, please don’t hurt me.

‘cider yerself *bitchslapped* 😉

caradoc
    Participant

That second one (the triple strike) just ran on Channel 3’s “Good Morning, Arizona” about 20 minutes ago.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats caradoc! Awesome exposure (professionally and photographically). I’m with rav in that I really like how the tops of the clouds are lit in both of those.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘Summer Storms’ is closed to new replies.