The health and well being of Farktography

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill The health and well being of Farktography

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Yugoboy
    Participant

As far as I’m concerned, a week is sufficient. We can see the contests for weeks ahead, even when post-processing is intensive, I don’t think we need 2 weeks. If a whole week of 24-hour days isn’t enough time to post, I don’t think 2 will make that much difference.

It will be the rare vacation when a TFer can’t find WiFi to enter 3 prepared pics in the 1 week available.

That’s just me. Nobody listened about the switch to 1 week either, so I figure what happens happens, and I’ll suck it up.

ennuipoet
    Participant

I know 🙂 Drew and I talked some about Farktography back in Feburary, though we were both pretty drunk at the time 😆 That’s when he told me he was open to suggestions no matter how stupid they sounded. Need to shoot him an email, especially as I see more stats on how participating and voting is going with the week-ahead posting.

Speaking of which, are you guys liking/hating/completely apathetic about that? Would 2 weeks ahead work better/worse/who cares? IIRC, we have a Farktography group and/or page on FB, but I think soosh is the admin of it. Need to look into that.

I really like it, it makes posting easier and anecdotally, it looks like participation is up. I am definitely seeing names that are not “regulars”.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I really like it, it makes posting easier and anecdotally, it looks like participation is up. I am definitely seeing names that are not “regulars”.

I really like seeing some new folks in there, too, and that makes me hopeful. I honestly wasn’t sure I’d like the idea of posting a week or two ahead, but it seems ok so far. (Yugoboy: Your objection to posting 2 weeks out is certainly noted! I don’t want to do anything too much or too fast that would hurt any progress we make along the way.)

orionid
    Participant

I like the one week, especially on travel. I like seeing fresh fish….. errr, ummm…. new names. I also would agree two weeks is probably overkill. I am that TFer on vacation right now, and I can still tether anywhere I go. Well, except anywhere around Bowling Green, KY, which apparently is the 3% of the country that Verizon doesn’t cover. Either that or there’s a secret government project inside mammoth caves that puts up an anti-verizon shield.

Yugoboy
    Participant

orionid – PRO-TIP: 99+% of all McDonald’s have free WiFi. One summer I had to submit my grades for my college class, and the WiFi in the campground wasn’t working and the deadline was LOOMING. Rolled up to a McD’s parking lot and got it done. I’m planning on this tactic in a couple weeks when I’m in the Adks as well as later if/when we travel south.

linguine
    Participant

Im really liking the week to post before hand since Im not getting online every day right now.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • The topic ‘The health and well being of Farktography’ is closed to new replies.