The path we take to…uh, whatever it might be :)

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat The Gallery The path we take to…uh, whatever it might be :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Malivon
    Participant

Hello!

I posted an introductory post within this week’s contest, but I figure I’d start a little show and tell. I recently got bit by the photography bug and someone in my family donated a new camera for me to learn, the photos in this album are from my old camera.

I really hope that with this new camera, I might be able to achieve a bit more creativity, as my old camera was kind of “all automatic” with no chance to mess around with aperture or shutter speed.

http://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/t366/Malivon86/Old%20Camera/

I’m hoping to add more photos with my new camera as time progresses and will be using this thread (if no one minds) as the spot to post in rather than creating a new post each time I put up 8 – 10 pictures 🙂

Oh – for the interested, the new camera is a Nikon D3100 w/ the kit lens and also a Tamron 18 – 200.

I should note that I really have no formal training in photography, its a hobby to which I am very new at and hope to get better.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Welcome!

Looking for more from you! Nice pics in your bucket, already.

ravnostic
    Participant

Looking forward to it Malivon! I like the colors in that first firework shot, in particular.

Kestrana
    Participant

Welcome!

orionid
    Participant

Howdy! We have cookies. Sometimes Staplermofo even crawls out of the shadows to drop a pearl of wisdom.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Welcome aboard Malivon, also Barracuda. I have only been here a few months (as opposed to the years of some members), but IMHO this is a great place for your stated goals. It is a source of inspiration, motivation and camaraderie. Like Ya’ll, I had been an on and off photographer for a long time. I personally don’t learn any thing unless I have a reason, I can’t go to school just to get a degree. I have to have a goal. The community here and its contests provide just enough of a goal get you out taking pictures without drastically impacting your real life.

The people a friendly, accepting and generous.

ps, it seems like maybe ‘Cuda and I are Homies. I live near Granbury, looks like you might be up north of Dallas?

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Welcome, Malivon. There’s lots of good advice here and a lot of people have been down your same path.

ps, it seems like maybe ‘Cuda and I are Homies. I live near Granbury, looks like you might be up north of Dallas?

Didn’t know you were near Dallas, fluffy. I was just down there a few weeks ago for the Armed Forces Bowl. I’m sure you recognize one of my shots this week – it’s from that trip from the window of my hotel.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Welcome, Malivon. There’s lots of good advice here and a lot of people have been down your same path.

Didn’t know you were near Dallas, fluffy. I was just down there a few weeks ago for the Armed Forces Bowl. I’m sure you recognize one of my shots this week – it’s from that trip from the window of my hotel.

Yes I did recognize it, and the new suspension bridge told me it was pretty recent (don’t follow sports, didn’t realize there was a bowl game). Your profile says Tulsa, I drove there to get my truck several years ago.

I am not a native Texan, but have lived here longer than anywhere else, this is my home. Also, “near” Dallas is “Texas near”. I’m about 2-3 hours southwest.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

I’m the reverse – I am a native Texan but have lived most of my life in OK. Sounds like maybe you’re near my point of origin, Big Spring. I think chupathingie’s in the general vicinity, too, but a bit north, closer to Amarillo. Of course, “near” is a relative term when talking about cities in Texas.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I’m the reverse – I am a native Texan but have lived most of my life in OK. Sounds like maybe you’re near my point of origin, Big Spring. I think chupathingie’s in the general vicinity, too, but a bit north, closer to Amarillo. Of course, “near” is a relative term when talking about cities in Texas.

I wondered if chupathingie wasn’t familiar with the southwest, and its mythology just because of his moniker. Cool, I didn’t realize there were so many of us out here. Rav and Loki are both in the desert too.

We used to go through Big Spring on the way to Big Bend but have since altered our preferred route to go through San Angelo.

We get visitors from the east or midwest and it’s the running joke that the answer to “How far away is today’s activity?” is always “About an hour.”

caradoc
    Participant

Cool, I didn’t realize there were so many of us out here. Rav and Loki are both in the desert too.

Add one more desert rat to your count. 😉

Malivon
    Participant

Anyone near the Chattanooga, TN area? 😛

Thanks for the warm welcomes btw 🙂

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

zincprincess is out that way, Malivon. Her profile says Knoxville.

lokisbong
    Participant

Welcome to you Malvion. Hope ya stick around. Lots o learnin to be had here it seems.
    Yeah I am newish to the desert rat thing but am loving it compared to the uber damp FAR northern California coast.

ravnostic
    Participant

Howdy! We have cookies.

Yay! That’s one of the scavenger items!

Sometimes Staplermofo even crawls out of the shadows to drop a pearl of wisdom.

Eww. You’re going to scare teh newb awai!

Siriusly, Orionid!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘The path we take to…uh, whatever it might be :)’ is closed to new replies.