The week from hell

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    chupathingie
    Participant

I’ll tell y’all what, I am good and ready for my annual 2-week road trip next month. Last week involved a suicide (.45 to the noggin), me being tasked with getting the bathroom where it happened cleaned up and rifling thru the deceased’s personal effects for documents, a nephew who went missing after walking in on the scene, and getting my jeep wrecked.

I get my jeep back end of next week, my nephew did finally turn up and is recovering from the ordeal (it was his father who committed suicide), and the deceased will thankfully remain deceased. I feel sorry for him, and I realize I might sound like a horrible person for saying so, but he was bound and determined that his name be cursed whenever he is remembered (yes, he was that bad) so no condolences are needed.

I learned something new; Professional Crime Scene Cleanup crews actually exist, and can be on scene in an hour or 2 after being called. For this I am truly grateful. I did not want to have to scoop up the mess and clean that place.

staplermofo
    Participant

At least accept condolences on the jeep.

chupathingie
    Participant

Those I accept. 😆 The rental is nice, but hardly a jeep.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Those I accept. 😆 The rental is nice, but hardly a jeep.

Here here!

fluffybunny
    Participant

Sorry that you were exposed to that kind of dysfunction. Hoping that it all works out in the end. Especially for the kid.

Barracuda
    Participant

Sorry to hear about the jeep, and hopefully the nephew will recover from the ordeal and not follow in his father’s footsteps.

Yugoboy
    Participant

FWIW – I’ve got a road trip myself in August. 2nd week in eastern TN, western VA/NC and later northern KY and southern OH (Big Bone Lick, KY/Cincinnati, OH region)

Barracuda
    Participant

Wish you both better successes on your road trips than I had! 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

What a…mess, to make the understatement of the year. I’m sorry for your nephew and you having to face a scene like that, but glad you didn’t have to clean that up alone. Add my condolences to staplermofo’s on the Jeep. I have friends with Jeeps and they always talk about them like a member of the family. Sure hope you have a good trip and can put this stuff behind you…

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Wow, and I thought my week was bad.

Sorry to hear about the jeep, and hopefully the nephew will recover from the ordeal and not follow in his father’s footsteps.

Ditto, especially about the nephew. Best wishes for peace & comfort to all involved in that situation.

orionid
    Participant

Although you said no condolences necesarry, I understand all too well what the suicide of someone close to you can do. Message me for ANYTHING. Even if it’s acting on concern for your nephew.

Enjoy the trip. Where are you headed?

Yugo – Whereabouts in VA?

Yugoboy
    Participant

Yugo – Whereabouts in VA?

Far west. Staying in eastern TN, but we do go afield. We’d love to meet you if you’re up for a road trip. PM if you’re interested.

Given that I still haven’t gotten to the GD post office, and the box stares at me every day from the table making me feel guiltier, meeting might be a decent idea. 😉

Yugoboy
    Participant

We’ve been watching our oldest (dog) go from perky to declining over the last few days. About half an hour ago, it was over. Over 14 years of perky joy and energy is now over, and it’s going to be goddamned hard for my wife to get over.

We had to get Jodee after we were forced to give up our 2 beautiful samoyeds due to my wife’s inability to handle their weight and strength after she was violently clobbered by a drunk driver and injured for life.

Even worse, my wife is at work, and has to spend the next couple hours grieving at work before she can come home. I told her to call in, but she couldn’t. All the other supervisors are also “in the field.”

This just sucks.

staplermofo
    Participant

I’m so sorry.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

My deepest condolences, Yugoboy, to you and your wife.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘The week from hell’ is closed to new replies.