Vancouver, BC-area Farktographers?

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill Vancouver, BC-area Farktographers?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    soosh
    Participant

Are there any? I’m going to have a week to myself in a VW camper van in June and am looking for interesting places to go.

nobigdeal
    Participant

VW camper van!?!

*jealous*

olavf
    Participant

I don’t live there, but head across the sound to Victoria, and especially Butchart Gardens. What I wouldn’t give to go back there with a camera :/

http://www.butchartgardens.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Victoria itself also has the Parliament House (aka “The Birdcage”), The quite impressive Empress Hotel, and they’ve a seaplane port in the harbor…

IIRC, they’ve also one of the largest Chinese communities on the West Coast.

soosh
    Participant

I’ve been to Victoria a couple of times, and may head back there. I’d really love to find any kind of ruins that I can.

VW camper van!?!

*jealous*

http://www.westfaliarentals.com/flash/index.html

I’m flying down with my kids for a couple of days of skate park exploration in Seattle and Vancouver, then I drop them off for seven days & nights of summer snowboard camp at Whistler, and I get the camper all to myself for whatever I want to do. I went to Butchart Gardens as a teenager, and while I liked it, I doubt I’ll go back. I’m much more likely to find a bit of forest to wander off into than something so organized. I will be spending several days in the depths of Vancouver’s Chinatown, which I believe is bigger and older than Victoria’s, but if that’s not the case, I may go to Victoria. I’m trying to decide between going to the outer coast of Vancouver Island or heading into the interior of BC. At the moment, I’m leaning towards the interior, since I live on the coast. After camp, we have a day at the beach in Vancouver/White Rock, and then a day in Seattle, and home.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I’ve been to Victoria a couple of times, and may head back there. I’d really love to find any kind of ruins that I can.

VW camper van!?!

*jealous*

http://www.westfaliarentals.com/flash/index.html

Those are cool…but this is cooler

Can’t think of a better way to bum around the west coast area.

Have fun..

niagh
    Participant

I was living in Vancouver up until August and I was raised in Agassiz (a 1.5 hour drive east). I will assemble a list. How far “interior” were you thinking?

soosh
    Participant

I dunno. I’ve become accustomed to huge drives living up here. I’ve driven 800 and 600 miles just to go see one remote thing. But I doubt I’d go further north than Prince Rupert.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Vancouver, BC-area Farktographers?’ is closed to new replies.