What Your Choice of Camera Says About You

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat Farktography Pub and Grill What Your Choice of Camera Says About You

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant
    linguine
    Participant

Haha. I guess that was true for me, my film slr is a canon and my dslr is a nikon.

orionid
    Participant

Hmmm…. I couldn’t find kitbashed, hacked, or homemade on the list……

Guess Nikon is the only one of mine that counts, and I’m apparently trading gear with ennuipoet.

Curious
    Participant

i was a minolta fan boy for years and still have 3 XD-11 bodies and a couple of their lenses. going digital bought fuji for P&S and when getting a DSLR went back to minolta with a 7i. and then got a konica/minoltla 7D which i liked. but when konica/minolta sold out to sony … how about no. so when i wanted to go more MP it was nikon. first with a refurbished L20 P&S then the D3000. so far i am happy but i will admit that the price of nikon’s glass is a bit off putting.

chupathingie
    Participant

I’m shocked.. not one mention of the awesome street cred one receives when sporting “The Official Digital Camera of the Internet”.

Curious
    Participant

I’m shocked.. not one mention of the awesome street cred one receives when sporting “The Official Digital Camera of the Internet”.

and if you don’t believe them just read about it here. in this press release.

“Note to Editors: News release available for download at: http://www.pentaxusa.com/news/news_current.cfm”

once in a while some company does something really douchey. for pentax that was in 2004.

BTW that is now a dead link. wonder why.

LeicaLens
    Participant

Olympus user…yeah, there’s some truth to that article. Olympus fanboys are quite rabid.
    I went digital without doing enough research into sensor size. I wouldn’t buy Olympus now, though the lenses are good and pretty cheap.

olavf
    Participant

I’m so, so saving this for the next time someone asks me “What camera should I buy?”

(Which has been a few days, so it’ll probably be sometime this weekend)

chupathingie
    Participant

I wound up with a Canon via the back door, as it were. At the time, they had the best far-red sensitivity of any of the makes out there. Finding out that the Canon had a shorter throw from the mount to the focal plane cinched it for me. I’ve picked up some Nikon/Nikkor glass… pawn shops are awesome…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m hurt they left off the Sigma. Not even a mention with Fuji at the end. I mean, c’mon, its sensor exploits silicon’s property of absorbing different wavelengths at different depths! That’s got to be worth some kind of comment about the truly nerdy among us.

/was my Dad’s
    //sensor is interesting, but wish it was the most recent iteration rather than the SD9

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

I’ve picked up some Nikon/Nikkor glass… pawn shops are awesome…

Oooooo! My bank account really wishes you hadn’t put that astoundingly intriguing idea into my head…

orionid
    Participant

I’ve picked up some Nikon/Nikkor glass… pawn shops are awesome…

Oooooo! My bank account really wishes you hadn’t put that astoundingly intriguing idea into my head…

The pawn shops around here are teh suxors. They’re all overpriced. Seriously, they don’t even do like goodwill does and check ebay for current market prices. The last time I stopped, they had a celestron telescope on a manual alt-az mount that sells for $125 new at any department store (in the toy section), and wanted $275 for it. Likewise, pawn shops down south have tools at bargain prices, here they’re maybe $5-10 less than new. I’m sorry, I’ll pay an extra $10 for peace of mind on a $250 chop saw. New York was the same way, I think it seriously is another one of the many north/south things.

On the other hand, Goodwill occasionally has some goodies float through, and is 50/50 as to whether the price is a good deal (on the chance it’s not, they have a five-week schedule with colored tags for a 50% off sale. Things hit their first half-price week three weeks after being put out). I’ve seen polaroid landcams at $10 and $40. I picked up a working SX-70 for $10. I’ve seen a Nikon EM with 50mm f/1.8E (kit) (ebays $25-40), marked at $25. I got greedy, waited for half price week and missed it. But yeah, deals are out there.

aprillove20
    Participant

I prefer Nikon.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘What Your Choice of Camera Says About You’ is closed to new replies.