X-mas wishes

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

hey Pope_Larry_II Thanks for the little gift. Wasn’t expecting that when I woke up this morn.

You’re welcome, I saw your post about working past the contest start time for liters, so I figured this might help a bit. That and I like your work.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

Oh, I also picked up my gift to myself a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 G. All I can say so far is that it will take a bit to get used to it. I’m not used to prime lenses at all.

fluffybunny
    Participant

Oh, I also picked up my gift to myself a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 G. All I can say so far is that it will take a bit to get used to it. I’m not used to prime lenses at all.

Nothing like zooming with your feet!

Yoyo
    Participant

Unfortunately, I often run out of room when zooming out with my feet while shooting inside. I love my EF 50mm f/1.4 for the large aperture (35.7mm) and the ability to take those horribly cliché non-circular bokéh shots especially at Christmas time for my sister-in-law. I could get really stupid with the stencils and my 85/1.8 but I’d need to be in a mansion.

I like the simplicity of primes. I don’t need to worry about how much I want to zoom in or be very precise with the framing. I just take the wide shot and decide how to crop it later. The 28/1.8 is a nice normal length for APS-C sensors.

This is my youngest niece Sammy. She’s a better model than her two older sisters. They’re always laughing and moving out of focus and out of frame and getting distracted. Sammy takes directions well.

lokisbong
    Participant

I like my 50mm f/1.8 prime. Best 25 bucks I ever spent in a pawn shop.

fluffybunny
    Participant

I like the simplicity of primes. I don’t need to worry about how much I want to zoom in or be very precise with the framing. I just take the wide shot and decide how to crop it later. The 28/1.8 is a nice normal length for APS-C sensors.

Yeah, I have thought about getting the Sigma 30mm/f1.4 prime for long time for all the reasons stated. Too many other things have come first, like the Sigma 100-300mm/f4. I am exceptionally happy with that lens. It has pretty much replaced my 70-200mm/f4 Canon L that I thought I would never give up.

Yoyo
    Participant

All this reminds me that I need to check the camera repair shop for something in a M42 mount. Good thing he’s right across the street from my bank. Dang it! Now I remember when I was looking for the frame shop, I read his sign and he’ll be closed until after I leave town. 🙁 Oh well, I can still check out the retail shops.

Pope_Larry_II
    Participant

It’s more that just that, there is no Vibration Reduction on this lens, so the low end of the shutter sped I can use without support is much higher (1/125 vs 1/20). I am determined to get decent shots with it.

But yes, the first few times I needed to zoom out ended with me bumping into a wall.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘X-mas wishes’ is closed to new replies.