03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Farktographer
    Participant

Can i post a link to my Facebook to invite people to come vote?

Shouldn’t be a problem if it’s a, “hey, check out the cool photo contest at fark.com – you can vote for any photos you’d like!” but I’d suggest against pandering. When I tell my friends about the site, I specifically tell them not to vote for me unless they actually like the images (they don’t even know my username, but yours is more obvious). That being said, none of them has yet to actually bother creating a fark account anyways. They suck.

Farktographer
    Participant

Also – for anyone interested in seeing some awesome food photos and/or recipes, I’m always enamoured with this food blog: http://www.tarteletteblog.com/

Daniel
    Participant

Is there a way to change my user name? other then making a new account?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Not really. I was able to pull it off very early in my Farktography career because my original name had enough similarity to another established Farktographer that it was kind of confusing to people, so Drew changed it (after I said pretty please with some Heineken on top) . But absent some legitimately compelling reason, they’ll just tell you to create a new acct.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Daniel, I’m not sure how familiar you are with the Photoshopping community on Fark, but one of them has had a lot of fun with morphing over time. He started out as “Traffic Cone of Silence” then became “i-dig” (which he still uses sometimes) but his current incarnation is “GbyP” which is short for “Guided by Pandas” (don’t ask).

What I’m trying to say is that, unless you’re as invested in your username as I am (17 years and counting, on this and numerous other forums) it might be fun to just adopt a new identity.

While it’s possible, if it became even occasional the demand would be HUGE.

mopsy
    Participant

Do Daniel backwards. leinad or LEINAD. You would at least be using your name. Just an idea. 💡

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Congrats to Ennuipoet for his “Funniest” category win this week, and thank you to everyone who voted for my marbled Easter eggs–I never expected that one to win, so it was a nice surprise 🙂

ennuipoet
    Participant

Congrats to Ennuipoet for his “Funniest” category win this week, and thank you to everyone who voted for my marbled Easter eggs–I never expected that one to win, so it was a nice surprise 🙂

I’m not sure how I am supposed to feel about winning Funniest…yes, I intended it be funny, but somehow I still feel dirty 😆

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

I’m not sure how I am supposed to feel about winning Funniest…yes, I intended it be funny, but somehow I still feel dirty 😆

I’m right there with you … actually, I just had an 💡
    Instead of ditching the “funny” vote button, how about we get rid of the “best” button instead?

/and then change the name back to the “vote” button. April fool!

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Congrats to Elsinore on the individual win and to U-Man on the combined. The Weekly Reports post has been updated with the latest stats. If you missed my other post, note that I redefined quarterly stats to cover 13 contests instead of 12 starting this week. There’s also a new ranking category of “Best Average NP”.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book’ is closed to new replies.