03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    staplermofo
    Participant

Do not know WHAT I’m going to make for the third one…

Make a Dobos torte.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Make a Dobos torte.

Don’t know what that is, but I was considering some Ramen noodles…

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Make a Dobos torte.

Wow that’s a weird coincidence… I’d never heard of dobos torte until last week when I had dinner at a restaraunt that has a Hungarian influenced menu. They had dobos torte on the dessert menu and it was delicious! From looking at it I image it’s a pain in the ass to make though.

staplermofo
    Participant

From looking at it I image it’s a pain in the ass to make though.

Making it isn’t that rough. It’s less of a hassle if you pour the batter to make one giant rectangle, then cut that into equal rectangles.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

From looking at it I image it’s a pain in the ass to make though.

Making it isn’t that rough. It’s less of a hassle if you pour the batter to make one giant rectangle, then cut that into equal rectangles.

Got it… That would be simpler. All the recipes I read said to bake the thin cakes in round pans 1/4″ thick. So you’d end up baking 2 at a time over and over just to get a round dessert instead of a square one.

staplermofo
    Participant

That, and using a cheese grater on frozen butter instead of doing that 2 knives thing for an hour when making pie dough… so much less hassle.

*takes stereo, GPS, and the wheels off the thread, positions cinder blocks, removes threadjack, speeds off*

lokisbong
    Participant

:lol:That’s too funny staplermofo. As of right now I have nothing at all for this contest. I’m not much of a cook and I’ve been at work every time my friends cook dinner I might have to resort to sandwich making today. Especially since today is my only day off until after the contest goes live.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Nothing wrong with a sammich, loki. As long as the photo is interesting, I’d bet nobody will care about the culinary skills. Not positive what I’m doing for this theme yet … found this while looking for inspiration: THE CAKE IS A LIE. A TINY, LITTLE, ITTY-BITTY LIE.

Yugoboy
    Participant

If everybody’s like me and does full entrees this is going to be the longest Farktography thread ever.

I’m still undecided about dish #3… I still haven’t ruled out ramen noodles… we went to an Asian grocery over the weekend and I’ve got a few really interesting ones. Haven’t tried the curry chicken noodles yet…

mopsy
    Participant

My recipes are going to be brief. I’ve been cooking for so long that the actual recipes are long gone. All three of mine are simple foods for the busy people.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

yeah, the ones I’m planning (haven’t actually made them up yet) aren’t really recipes so much as a list of things to throw together until it looks and tastes right. Few of the things I’m known for making have exact amounts of anything.

ravnostic
    Participant

Damn. I’ve wool-gathered at the ‘rents place and behind the telescope and behind the post processing of astrophotos, and I’m left with nothing. Archive diving. Thank goodness I know the recipes that go with them by heart. We’ll see how it goes.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Got my three, but I have to work tonight. Can any TFers OBO for me?

Yugoboy
    Participant

So far my gifted TF hasn’t expired (I’ve got the red warning message, though).

I’d be happy to do ti for you Zero_Exponent… PM me the codes.

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Thanks Yugoboy, I owe you one!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book’ is closed to new replies.