03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    nobigdeal
    Participant

‘kay

Thanks!

U-Man
    Participant

Total archive dive for me. But just wait until I show you the fishing pics…

U-Man
    Participant

If you’re a Facebook friend, you know that my oldest girl has become interested in fishing with me. While I love fishing by myself, I honestly like fishing with her better. Talking my ear off and all…

On Monday, I covered another doc’s work so he could get home a couple hours early. Today, he did the same for me. I picked my 8th grader up from school and we drove to a lake about 40 minutes away. She did her algebra in the car. She kicked my butt – and I couldn’t be happier about it.

So that’s part of the reason I did a late archive dive.

Oh yeah, I wasn’t really supposed to leave work. So if I post these on Facebook in the near future mum’s-the-word. 🙂

bender16v
    Participant

Now I am really jealous, those are some really great muskies! I haven’t been fishing yet this year and it will be at least another month until I can go due to work. That is wonderful that your daughter is getting into it too. I’m sitting this one out because I don’t cook and am traveling anyway.

lokisbong
    Participant

Well I failed to get even one picture for this week. Not even any archive shots I can use. Well good thing I have already been shooting for next week.
    Nice Fishes you got there U-Man. You and the daughter are some serious fishing family! Very nice.

nobigdeal
    Participant

I think the voters are on a diet.

Barracuda
    Participant

Still hoping to dive into the archive for a shot or to this evening. Votes won’t be squat, but it’ll be something.

ravnostic
    Participant

I’ve never seen such low voting stats early in the game! What–do they think they have to make and sample the recipes before weighing in on the pictures?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m scratching my head over this one. Seems like participation is good this week, but I also don’t remember seeing such low voting. Maybe all the voters went to Vegas and didn’t want to pay $10/day for interwebs?

ravnostic
    Participant

Maybe we should have titled it “Food Pron”.

Yugoboy
    Participant

Maybe we should have titled it “Food Pron”.

After seeing the votes…. THIS

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

U-man congrats to your daughter for hauling in that monster. Fishing is great for parent-child bonding; I fondly recall many fishing outings with my stepdad. Not so much for the fishing aspect (for me anyway–I can’t eat fish), just spending time together and appreciating nature.

I got one sorta b-side:

Chicken Pot Pie by Exponential Photography, on Flickr

I like the photo, but didn’t feel right entering it since the pie is pre-made and cooked in the microwave (there’s some microwave-reflective material in the box that keeps the crust from getting soggy).

I had planned on BBQing a nice ribsteak for this theme, but since it has been freezing cold and/or raining here for the last week, I had to try something else. That sucker is going on the grill tonight though, I don’t care if I have to haul the BBQ into the garage for shelter from the weather!

Farktographer
    Participant

Oops, 24 hours late on submitting this week. That’s gonna hurt in the vote department…

Yoyo
    Participant

Yeah, I’m scratching my head over this one. Seems like participation is good this week, but I also don’t remember seeing such low voting. Maybe all the voters went to Vegas and didn’t want to pay $10/day for interwebs?

Yeah, I’m that guy. But, I lost the FarkCon thread from my browser cache, and hey I didn’t come to Vegas to save money.

Regarding the actual topic, I agree that this week is not our best work. Good luck everyone, and bon apetite!

Daniel
    Participant

Can i post a link to my Facebook to invite people to come vote?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘03-28-12 – Farktography Recipe Book’ is closed to new replies.