7-4-2007 Bugs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    monkeybort
    Participant

Insects, arachnids, centipedes, millipedes….anything that is generally classified as a ‘bug’. Difficulty – no code/software.

Jakevol2
    Participant

Is the Farktography contest being moved to Wednesdays now?

monkeybort
    Participant

it always starts wednesday nights at 8 pm EST for TotalFarkers, and goes to the mainpage sometime after midnight that night. Usually 12:01 AM Thurs. 😛

Curious
    Participant

it always starts wednesday nights at 8 pm EST for TotalFarkers, and goes to the mainpage sometime after midnight that night. Usually 12:01 AM Thurs. 😛

always except for the summer when it’s EDT. 🙂

monkeybort
    Participant

well SURE, if you want to get technical and precise and stuff.

Uranus
    Participant

damn, isn’t it year 16 of the 17 yr cicada cycle?
    maybe we should wait…. 😯

staplermofo
    Participant

We’ve got cicadas here in Chicago right now, somewhere, they keep saying…

Curious
    Participant

had a cicada invasion in ’85 and haven’t seen hide nor hair of them since. and this area is supposed to have all the different cycles.

well i have seen one or two but that’s all.

Claff
    Participant

We had them in the DC area three or four years ago and all I’m gonna say is that I’m very happy they only show up once every 17 years. What a racket, not to mention those things are HYOOOGE. One of them got into my car and made its final resting place the package shelf waaaaay in the corner of the rear window and I feared the thing coming apart into 3000 little pieces when I tried to tweezer the corpse outta there. That it came out in one piece was not really any consolation as it was still a big dead thing.

powerplantgirl
    Participant

YAY!
    I can’t wait for this contest!!
    /hugs macro lens

Elsinore
    Keymaster

We had our cicada swarm in 2004…it was cool. Unfortunately, I lost about 300 pictures from that late spring/early summer when my hard drive crashed (let that be a lesson to you…), though I think I had a couple of the cicada ones posted somewhere. I’ll have to look…

millera9
    Participant

PPG, I just want to say, it is ON!

Jakevol2
    Participant

Do they have to be real bugs?

powerplantgirl
    Participant

PPG, I just want to say, it is ON!

/slaps Miller on the ass.

Bring it.
    Bug style.

millera9
    Participant

Do they have to be real bugs?

staplermofo suggested the theme, so I’ll let him make the final call on that. I would say yes, they have to be real, but they don’t necessarily have to be alive. That makes it a bit easier for people who aren’t wannabe entomologists like me. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘7-4-2007 Bugs’ is closed to new replies.