7-4-2007 Bugs

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    powerplantgirl
    Participant

I dont wanna be an entomologist like crazy Miller, but I think it’s funner running away from the real ones. Especially the spiders. Ewww.

millera9
    Participant

I dont wanna be an entomologist like crazy Miller, but I think it’s funner running away from the real ones. Especially the spiders. Ewww.

One of two things is going to happen to you and your macro lens sometime in the near future: you’re either going to take an awesome macro of a spider and it’s going to terrify you just to look at it on your screen. You will never take spider photos again. Alternatively, you’re going to take an awesome macro of a spider and realize that they’re incredibly fascinating creatures that make some of the best bug macros possible. You will find yourself looking specifically for spiders, turning over leaves, and plucking web strands, hoping for some action. You’ll see!

schattenteufel
    Participant

This ought to be a challenge; I’m absolutely mortified of bugs, arachnids, & other such creepie-crawlies.

Jakevol2
    Participant

I havent found any good bugs yet….I’m freaking out now!

M-j
    Participant

Are arachnids bugs? I mean, I don’t wanna get all technical on y’all, but are spiders ok or outlawed for this particular theme?
    We’ve got bugs aplenty round these parts…camel crickets in my basement. Shudder.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, the title is “bugs”, and the description says anything that is generally considered a bug, so you’re definitely safe with arachnids.

swampa
    Participant

Well, the title is “bugs”, and the description says anything that is generally considered a bug, so you’re definitely safe with arachnids.

Yay! Now to try to attach a clock to a spider 😛

Elsinore
    Keymaster

lol you guys have those clock spiders down there too, don’t you?

/shuddering at the thought

swampa
    Participant

We do 🙂 Lots of creepy crawlies down here!

/Mynd you, Huntsmen bites Kan be pretty nasti

zeke
    Participant

Didnt say it had to be a LIVING bug. Smash the sucker, tie on the clock… profit!

Elsinore
    Keymaster

We do 🙂 Lots of creepy crawlies down here!

/Mynd you, Huntsmen bites Kan be pretty nasti

I see what you did there

/a Huntsmen once bit my sister

Morningbreath
    Participant

oh snap, so many bug photos, and I am going to be away. I hope this comes back as a classic someday.

staplermofo
    Participant

oh snap, so many bug photos, and I am going to be away. I hope this comes back as a classic someday.

You could have someone post for you if you can’t make it.
    I’d be happy to.

Morningbreath
    Participant

thanks, Stapler, but I won’t get them sorted and/or developed by tonight when I leave for vacation. I will just save them for another contest.

I am mad at myself, I thought this contest was going to be the week after I got back, I mis-marked my calander.

QuickSilver
    Participant

Didnt say it had to be a LIVING bug. Smash the sucker, tie on the clock… profit!

I read somewhere on here that you couldn’t post things dead like roadkill and such. Would the same go for dead bugs?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘7-4-2007 Bugs’ is closed to new replies.