7-4-2007 Bugs

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

I got hosed. For some reason my posts in the thread got deleted as bad links. I reposted them this morning using the same links and they all were fine. I was hoping to actually do reasonably well in the voting this week too.

I want to know how people get such great closeups of dragonflys. Every time I got anywhere near one it would fly away.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Your pictures aren’t loading, they’re just hanging up the loading of the entire thread. Maybe try hosting somewhere else like Flickr.

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

That’s really weird. I host on my own domain, and I have WAY more bandwidth than I ever use. I don’t get why they wouldn’t load. I just dumped my cache and reloaded the thread and the reposts loaded fine.
    Right now it’s still loading the thread, but it’s waiting for img387.imageshack, not me, mine all displayed fine.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Dunno what the problem is, then. I reloaded the thread and it’s only yours hanging up that I see, and after 5 minutes of attempting, the links go to broken.

RcMacStudent
    Participant

UnstoppableDrew
    FWIW, I just checked the thread and your pictures are loading fine for me, so the issue isn’t your links.

Curious
    Participant

every image loaded for me a few minutes ago, including UnstoppableDrew‘s. and they were there the last time i looked at the contest.

but to make sure i emptied cache and reloaded and all are there.

took a coupe of minutes though 🙂

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

Elsinore, see if you can get them directly:

http://marold.org/pics/farktography/milkweed_jumping_spider_sm.jpg
    http://marold.org/pics/farktography/goldenrod_spider_sm.jpg
    http://marold.org/pics/farktography/virginia_ctenuchid_moth_sm.jpg

I’m curious to see if those work for you, they’re the same ones that are displaying (or not) in the thread.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nope, still hanging. Traceroute gets hung up between Atlanta and Chicago, but makes it, but I can’t load the actual pictures. Gotta be a router issue or something somewhere.

QuickSilver
    Participant

I can hardly wait til midnight. This is going to be fun.

heh heh couldn’t wait for midnight, eh? Had to go in for TotalFark? 😉

/Farktography’s addictive, eh?

Got sponsored by someone who took pity on me that I didn’t have $5 extra this month. Only good for the month though so we will have to see what happens next month.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Ahhh, that’s cool.

sleeping
    Participant

I want to know how people get such great closeups of dragonflys. Every time I got anywhere near one it would fly away.

Some of them are more skittish than others, but quite often they come back to a the same spots, so if you can figure out where one is landing you can get close and then wait for it to come back (or point a camera on a tripod at the spot and back off with a remote release).

millera9
    Participant

PPG, I just want to say, it is ON!

/slaps Miller on the ass.

Bring it.
    Bug style.

Well, I know when I’m licked. ppg, your butterfly shot more than doubled the vote total on the best of my shots. So yeah, nice work. 😳

*wayne & garth*
    WE’RE NOT WORTHY!

/Also, nice win Elsinore! Well deserved.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m really not sure I can claim victory–it’s only by a single vote at this point. My very first win was called as a tie but ended up overturned in late voting when the other photo picked up 3 or 4 more votes beyond the couple I also picked up. So I think this one’s too close to call. Excellent contest, and according to the FSM, it’s on the Top 10 of all contests!

millera9
    Participant

Meh, you’re a winner in my book! 🙂

swampa
    Participant

I thought the winner was the leader(s) after the comp had been on the main page for 24 hours.

So, yay to Elsinore 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘7-4-2007 Bugs’ is closed to new replies.