7-4-2007 Bugs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Well, that’s a good point. I think you’d be safe if the bug in question weren’t smashed into a nasty pulp. The real issue is disturbing imagery. A dead bug that merely shuffled off its mortal coil and ceased to be, yet otherwise looks like it’s merely sleeping would probably be ok.

zeke
    Participant

It’s pining for the fjords.

monkeybort
    Participant

it is an ex-bug!

Curious
    Participant

bring out your dead, bring out your dead.

millera9
    Participant

He’s nailed to a bloody plank of wood!

No seriously, that’s what I was thinking of when I suggested the dead or alive part. I was imagining someone without access to bugs or with a fear of bugs photographing a pinned butterfly or something like that. The “no dead animals” caveat hadn’t even occurred to me. Perhaps we should clear that part with Drew so that we don’t start getting in trouble. You know someone is going to submit a photo of a squashed roach…

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah and squashed roach would definitely have to go–bleh! Pinned butterflies might be ok, though. But yeah, let’s not emphasize the dead part of “dead or alive” 😉

millera9
    Participant

Yeah, hmmm. Sorry for not thinking that one through all the way! My bad. 😕

Elsinore
    Keymaster

meh, no biggie. I hadn’t thought of it either (which is probably even worse lol). Quick Silver‘s keeping us on our toes!

corsec67
    Participant

Darn. I have a really cool and colorful picture of a bug that exploded against my windshield. Maybe you should say that you want intact bugs, living or not?

QuickSilver
    Participant

meh, no biggie. I hadn’t thought of it either (which is probably even worse lol). Quick Silver‘s keeping us on our toes!

Not meaning to tell those here who have spent years honing this website to the fineness it has become how to do anything, just trying to understand the rules better so as not to offend someone and end up with a deleted entry. 🙂

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Nah, no offense taken. It’s all good 🙂

schnee
    Participant

Not meaning to tell those here who have spent years honing this website to the fineness it has become how to do anything, just trying to understand the rules better so as not to offend someone and end up with a deleted entry. 🙂

What E said, no offense taken. I’m happy to be part of a community that questions the rules and provides feedback. Keeps Farktography vibrant.

Snug Tight
    Participant

I have it narrowed down to 6 (so far), all taken in the last 2 days. My wife is trying to talk me into calling in sick tonight, so I might get some more tonight. We have a lot of bugs.

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

We do 🙂 Lots of creepy crawlies down here!

/Mynd you, Huntsmen bites Kan be pretty nasti

I see what you did there

/a Huntsmen once bit my sister

Was she carving her initials on it at the time ?

UnstoppableDrew
    Participant

Hopefully I’ll remember this week. I have lots of good bugs pics, although one of my favorites I used already in a previous contest.
    Too big to inline, wasp on a thistle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘7-4-2007 Bugs’ is closed to new replies.