7-4-2007 Bugs

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

well to get one shot i wanted i had to resort to film and the bellows and still have to get them developed, scanned and uploaded.

QuickSilver
    Participant

well to get one shot i wanted i had to resort to film and the bellows and still have to get them developed, scanned and uploaded.

Hurry! 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Alas, the one shot I really wanted to catch for this week resulted in a tall cold glass of FAIL. I have others, but I *really* wanted the one I had pictured in my head. Ah well…

QuickSilver
    Participant

Alas, the one shot I really wanted to catch for this week resulted in a tall cold glass of FAIL. I have others, but I *really* wanted the one I had pictured in my head. Ah well…

Take picture of head and caption ” Look Close”

😆

Elsinore
    Keymaster

haha! But I said pictured IN my head, not on it 😉

Curious
    Participant

Hurry! 😀

well they are done but i’m majorly disappointed in how they turned out. got the film done with prints and a CD to save on the scanning. not knowing how the CD was created i’m not sure if the resulting noisy/grainy pictures are due to my poor shooting or the % of enlargement from the negative. regardless i’m posting one.

QuickSilver
    Participant

haha! But I said pictured IN my head, not on it 😉

Picky Picky point lens very close to ear hole and press button. 😉

I can hardly wait til midnight. This is going to be fun.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Damn, sorry to hear that, Curious. I’ve never been impressed with those picture CD’s…always seems like they’re scanned in at very low resolution, so I just stopped getting them after awhile.

zeke
    Participant

Girl Scout: Is this made from real lemons?
    Wednesday: Yes.
    Girl Scout: I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they’re real lemons?
    Pugsley: Yes.
    Girl Scout: Well, I’ll tell you what. I’ll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?
    Wednesday: Are they made from real Girl Scouts?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Picky Picky point lens very close to ear hole and press button. 😉

lulz 😆

I can hardly wait til midnight. This is going to be fun.

This should be a really good week indeed! Lots of good stuff already–can’t wait to see what everyone has!

Curious
    Participant

Damn, sorry to hear that, Curious. I’ve never been impressed with those picture CD’s…always seems like they’re scanned in at very low resolution, so I just stopped getting them after awhile.

my first entry is from the CD. didn’t install the software on the CD but used their viewer then used windows explorer to copy them. there were two sets of files and this was from the high res set. roughly 10 times the file size. did two rolls today both with CDs and the other is ok. it’s flowers shot using the macro mode on a 28-70 minolta lens. but as you say it isn’t great. it’s hardly good. will try scanning the negs later and see how that goes.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I dunno, that looks better than the CD’s I used to get.

sleeping
    Participant

I’ve found that the Kodak minilab CDs seem to be generally the worst – low resolution and very compressed – you can pretty much only use them for low resolution web images. They do work for Farktography size images, though (sometimes with some level tweaking). Noritsu and Fuji CDs seem to be a bit better, but you’re pretty much always going to have to scan them yourself (or pay out the nose for pro scans) if you need high resolution….

Curious
    Participant

here’s a fly on a flower from the other CD. it’s 1818 x 1228 and roughly 900kb. that whole set is much better.

Curious
    Participant

sleeping it’s fuji equipment at the local wal-mart. the CD has a fuji editing program but i didn’t install it. since i already have the fuji picture viewer thing on another computer guess it wouldn’t hurt to try it here. the fuji viewers came with the fuji point and shoot(s) that i have.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 92 total)
  • The topic ‘7-4-2007 Bugs’ is closed to new replies.