01-09-08 – Utility Poles

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-09-08 – Utility Poles

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    schnee
    Participant

Schnee, Super image. You have vote from me. Of course many other have vote from me, but your image make a special impact on me. Well done !!. SUPER !! I am really hope that you do well on this contest ! It really is great image !

Thanks man. When I proposed this theme, I had an image in mind, but it wasn’t the Celtic cross.

I took the cross from the middle of my street, right outside my house. Full moon the night before Christmas. If I had to do it over again, I’d try to do a better job of exposing for the moon, to try to get some detail in there.

Mr.BobDobalita
    Participant

I don’t necessarily think it should be canned.. I just thought it was funny that they busted themselves. Yeah, I was hoping that my picture would get a few votes… dum-dum there parking his bike up against the transformer UNDER the pole.. that thing tipped over, but it was still connected to the power lines which were holding it up off the ground… so it could have fallen the rest of the way at any time, not to mention the fact it was STILL HOOKED UP to the power grid… heh…. I yelled at him to get his ass out of there… and asked him if he had S**T for brains… hehe… damn kids. 😀

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I almost hate calling out just a few folks cause there’s so much awesome in the thread, but yeah, schnee‘s cruciform pole blew me away. And Morningbreath‘s staple covered and berries/vines covered poles are sweet. I have a soft spot in my heart for minimalism, so millera9‘s insulators against the sky and bastian_74‘s b/w pole against the sun and sky both trip my trigger. Brokken Frepz has the most unusual utility pole/lines..interesting stuff there. sleeping‘s poles disappearing into the snowy fog is both lonely and serene. And there’s something about wickedfish‘s blue zoom/motion blurred shot that I really dig…I can see it hanging on an art house wall somewhere. Anyway, good stuff all around, good jorb folks.

Did you all see the one photo where someone cropped out the light, but there was still a shadow on the side of the house? I LoLed at that one.

Well, it’s a clever crop, ya gotta admit. There’s no streetlight in the shot, just a shadow…I think it’s ok.

anneb
    Participant

Good ! I am glad not to fail two times in just one month of contest !

Here is different angle to show is really utility pole. The zoom and low angle make entry image seem as much smaller pole.

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Not. Photoshop. In. TeenyTiny. Stopsign. At. Intersection!!!

I like that shot, too, FutherMucker, it’s a fun shot on its own!

FutherMucker
    Participant

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Not. Photoshop. In. TeenyTiny. Stopsign. At. Intersection!!!

Haha…Don’t fight this. Knock the socks off. My image are post for fun. 8)

Thank you for comment.

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • The topic ‘01-09-08 – Utility Poles’ is closed to new replies.