01-14-09 – Brown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Elsinore
    Keymaster

Photos with a dominant brown theme. All the usual Fark posting rules apply.

Theme suggestion courtesy of GoldenAppleofDiscord.

corsec67
    Participant

A plumbing “incident” this weekend gave me a great entry for this contest. (Even though the picture was taken above our septic tank it is safe for lunch and work.)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Uhhh, if the picture includes any sort of septic effluent, it wouldn’t be SFFark

corsec67
    Participant

Uhhh, if the picture includes any sort of septic effluent, it wouldn’t be SFFark

Right, anything was ever in the septic tank is nasty until it goes through the leech field.
    The picture is SFFark.
    (The brown part of the picture is dirt and bark, not sewage)

Elsinore
    Keymaster

ok phew!

justkat
    Participant

ok phew!

no kidding lol

bucky_bacon
    Participant

When we say “predominant brown theme” is there a certain percentage of brown we are shooting for? Or how does that work around these parts?

corsec67
    Participant

When we say “predominant brown theme” is there a certain percentage of brown we are shooting for? Or how does that work around these parts?

Going by the past color themes (Blue II, red, Orange), I think the consensus was that what your eyes are drawn to should be the theme color, but having a giant orange sunset was good for orange.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

I will certainly review those contests. Thanks for the reply!

soosh
    Participant

is this brown enough to work? holga shot. the whole thing came off kind of brown (using expired color film), but then there’s a lot of green in the shot.

corsec67
    Participant

is this brown enough to work? holga shot. the whole thing came off kind of brown (using expired color film), but then there’s a lot of green in the shot.]

If you want my opinion, the green parts are the main thing I notice, the brown parts are in the background, although one of the ones I am considering for this week is fairly similar (beetle kill forests are a nice reddish-brown color).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It doesn’t strike me as dominantly brown, but YMMV.

soosh
    Participant

I think I’ll save it for some other contest. I’ve got enough dirt/rust/mud/etc to use for this contest.

justkat
    Participant

Going by the past color themes (Blue II, red, Orange), I think the consensus was that what your eyes are drawn to should be the theme color, but having a giant orange sunset was good for orange.

I think that was very well put.

Uranus
    Participant

could someone please post on my behalf?

I don’t usually ask for OBO posts, but I’ve missed a ton of contests recently due to crazy (read “Europe”) working hours. About time I stopped using that as an excuse…
    If not – no prob.
    If yes – here be links:
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3351/3197984930_56db055507.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3471/3197138825_ec73f76952.jpg
    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3368/3197137571_bf513f9a12.jpg

my thanks are many…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘01-14-09 – Brown’ is closed to new replies.