01-14-09 – Brown

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    corsec67
    Participant

Ack, apparently my server is behaving like my plumbing was.

Server is up now, but my posts are [Deleted:broken image]

Thanks mods.

soosh
    Participant

there’s some weirdness in the thread. A recently posted picture just showed up before the intro post.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

there’s some weirdness in the thread. A recently posted picture just showed up before the intro post.

The date of the posting that popped to the head of the line is 1/14 even though it was obviously posted on 1/15. Once that happened, the sorting of the entries makes sense.

There’s a posting from Lyshk0 at 2009-01-14 01:45:49 PM which doesn’t have voting enabled, then the same pic is posted with voting on at 2009-01-15 01:46:34 AM. In case that helps find the weird entries. So it looks like the first posting’s date is off by 12 hours.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Everything should be fixx0rd now, both the thread weirdness and corsec’s entries.

corsec67
    Participant

Everything should be fixx0rd now, both the thread weirdness and corsec’s entries.

As always, thanks for your hard work.

redwoodcruzr
    Participant

I have to say that my expectations for this theme were not real high, but what a great set of entries this week. I guess you should never underestimate tha power of Fark.

lokisbong
    Participant

All three of my entries say they are busted .Could you fix them please. Thank you in advance.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got ’em. Your entries are 159k, 179k, and 181k, so they might be tripping off that fuzzy file size limit on Fark. I’ll try to keep an eye out for them if they disappear again.

lokisbong
    Participant

I tried to get them small enough but didn’t want to sacrifice to much quality. Thank you again.

jpatten
    Participant

that must be what I run up against when it gives me problems…..

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I’ve taken to checking the file size on anything that disappears, just to see if that’s causing it now that we know that. In corsec’s case, his are all well under the limit–under 100k even–so I have no idea why his would crap out. And even yours I would think would be low enough that they’d be ok, at least the 159k one. But I guess the fuzzy factor is more fuzzy than I thought. Or there’s some other factor that I don’t know about. Regardless, just continue to give us the heads up if your entries go poof.

jpatten
    Participant

well usually mine don’t go poof, it just tells me “unfetchable” first time I try to post. If I try it a second time it almost always works.

corsec67
    Participant

But I guess the fuzzy factor is more fuzzy than I thought. Or there’s some other factor that I don’t know about. Regardless, just continue to give us the heads up if your entries go poof.

Isn’t the limit 200K? Size is checked when you post, so that is obvious when it is the only issue.

I think the issue is either a timeout on the server end, or a network issue. Maybe if the connection gets reset Fark considers that an unfetchable image? (In which case larger images might have slightly more time for a reset to happen, depending on the connection speeds).

Elsinore
    Keymaster

It’s not a hard limit. It’s a fuzzy limit “around” 200k. But you may be on to something with the connection reset. It seems to happen if there’s any hiccup on the server end.

Choc-Ful-A
    Participant

Here are two “b-sides” from this contest in case you need more brown in your day. 🙂

Walled edge of a salt reclamation pond

Evening roost for sea birds

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • The topic ‘01-14-09 – Brown’ is closed to new replies.