01-25-12 – Stoned

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 01-25-12 – Stoned

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    ennuipoet
    Participant

A natural stone wall is kosher correct? The stones cut and stacked, perhaps concreted together but definitely natural stone.

lokisbong
    Participant

A natural stone wall is kosher correct? The stones cut and stacked, perhaps concreted together but definitely natural stone.

I would certainly think that would be fine.

gambitsgirl
    Participant

Ok, I’m stoned. Now what?

U-Man
    Participant

Nekkid pictures?
    “Creative” pictures of a pet’s backside?
    Say “screw it” and surf the web? TV?
    Nap?

U-Man
    Participant

ennuipoet – I agree with Loki.

I found several, but the archives were not exactly bursting with rocky photos. I might use two that are relative repeats (similar setting, different frame). Looking forward, I think I might just be satisfied with these three and spend some time on apples & oranges and strangers.

I’ve actually been thinking that I should plant myself in front of the Wal-Mart in an older section of town and catch people as they are walking in. “Excuse me. I’m taking photos of strangers for a project. Would you mind…?” Click, click. “Thanks.”

Or maybe the DMV. There were a bunch of interesting folks last time I was at the DMV.

gambitsgirl
    Participant

Nekkid pictures?
    “Creative” pictures of a pet’s backside?
    Say “screw it” and surf the web? TV?
    Nap?

OMG – I got stoned and then negotiated a business contract. Now I’m going to surf the web nekkid while rubbing my pet’s backsde till I say “screw it” and get in bed

From her:

From here on out I am going to make continuous postcards but then I am also going to run collections for 2 months. With this collection idea I will do speciality stationary, postcards and framed print images.

Limited use copywrite. After the collection is run the copywrite reverts back to me. Let’s hope it makes sense when I come down.

😯 😳

U-Man
    Participant

Ahhh, yes. The age old trick of business negotiations while high. Always a questionable maneuver.

/ No verbs today.

gambitsgirl
    Participant

Haye – can we do a tryptic in regular threads? Like 2 shots as one?

gambitsgirl
    Participant

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Unless the contest description mentions it specifically, only one photo per entry is allowed. No stitching, knitting, gluing, welding, etc.

ravnostic, I have one “definitely” for this theme, and a bunch of “maybe”s (may be bees?). The “no concrete, but iron is OK” comment has me a bit confuzzled, so I’m just going to toss some hypotheticals at you; would love a yea or nay ruling when you have a moment:

-buildings/bridges/structures made of stone (not concrete)
    -statues or carvings
    -sand (desert, beach, sand sculptures)
    -things made of metal
    -long-haired-freaky-people (need they apply?)

gambitsgirl
    Participant

Unless the contest description mentions it specifically, only one photo per entry is allowed. No stitching, knitting, gluing, welding, etc.

poopie. had awesome skipping stone sequence. /poopie

mopsy
    Participant

Yes, ice dripping off the rock wall would have been fantastic, but no, the storm made it just a little difficult to move around. Coming down the hill in our road made for an interesting drive. Walking would have been impossible.

Curious
    Participant

since we didn’t get a ruling on the “made of stone” as opposed to natural stone i’m going to eat and may check in later. i only have one made of stone and it’s just ok. the archives aren’t producing anything else and my weekends keep getting curtailed.

Kestrana
    Participant
    gambitsgirl
    Participant

OMG Kestrana – I forgotted voting again!!!! 🙁 I’m so sorry

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 112 total)
  • The topic ‘01-25-12 – Stoned’ is closed to new replies.