02-02-11 – Vote Whoring

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-02-11 – Vote Whoring

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Uranus
    Participant

Uranus – you had me fooled for a minute…

that was the idea, Kat 😆

Kestrana
    Participant

Cause can you post a link to the voting trend? I looked for it on your website but are the graphs not public or linked?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Elsinore your boobies are evil! (and nice btw)

Total Votes / Total Entries / Average

Untitled by kestrana, on Flickr

Actually, if that’s based on the FSM, I think “Filtered For Your Protection” is still filtered for our protection, so my 666th entry was probably last week.

Kestrana
    Participant

Ah true. But, still funny

Edit” then you’d be at 669 OH YEAH

zincprincess
    Participant

The baby entries are making my ovaries assplode with the cuteness. I’m not sure assploding ovaries is enough to overcome the allure of the boobies in the voting, though.

ravnostic
    Participant

ElseNightmaretony‘s used his image in not one, but two previous contests (tawt I taw and xmas II). Is there a deeper red than scarlet for a double whammy?

….and nobody please tell me that Knockers image is stolen. It’s the best boobage-hint image I’ve probably ever seen that I didn’t black out from my memory. I’d hate to find out it’s just a picture stolen from the web somewhere.

//edit: phew–in her photobucket album, the model (and presumably the poster) is in image 9 and 19, at least, and sporting a nice dslr, as well.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Got the recycled entry. And the problem with Knocker’s image is that it’s showing too much boobies. Simply covering the nipples doesn’t make something SFW. There’s still too much boobage there to be SFW.

ravnostic
    Participant

Well, I’ll hope she’ll repost in a ‘sfw’ links-to-‘nsfw’ format. Lovely image, though.

justkat
    Participant

How come my boobies aren’t doing as well as Elsinore‘s and Kestrana’s? Wait, don’t answer that. 😛

Ravnostic – Olav and I routinely dismiss entry candidates because they might be too subtle for voters. From our experience, voters don’t look closely at pictures. A few well chosen words can sometimes encourage the voters to take a longer/closer look*, but it’s a risk. Of course, sometimes we will submit something on the subtle side because we just really love the picture… which makes it slightly more painful — if not surprising — when they tank.

*For instance, I think my sunset clouds from last week’s contest wouldn’t have done nearly so well** if I hadn’t pointed out the resemblance to Falcor.

**Not that 29th is terribly impressive lol

justkat
    Participant

Well, I’ll hope she’ll repost in a ‘sfw’ links-to-‘nsfw’ format. Lovely image, though.

I missed it, darn it. 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

A few well chosen words can sometimes encourage the voters to take a longer/closer look*, but it’s a risk.

I nearly quoted Ansel Adams, something along the lines of “A picture is often looked at, seldom looked into”, but I’ve experienced via photoshop contests that people think it’s an insult to their intelligence and tell me I come off as a pompous ass, so I decided not to do so (now I wish I had.) No matter–I’m well on my way to keeping up my overall average, and that’s exactly where I like to be–I don’t have to win, so long as I maintain or improve my status quo.

For the record, you’re boobage is just fine. You can serve me a sammich anytime (and I’ll say, “My aren’t those lovely? By chance is one hiding the Miracle Whip? I do hate the Grey Poupon…” :wink:)

justkat, and she (or he, if the fark profile info is accurate) actually deleted the original photo, which really is too bad. I should have gotten a screen shot. My bad.

CauseISaidSo
    Participant

Actually, if that’s based on the FSM, I think “Filtered For Your Protection” is still filtered for our protection, so my 666th entry was probably last week.

Els, I have you at 249 contests, 665 entries, and 11982 votes prior to this contest. So, your 666th entry was actually…

Cue spooky music…

your baby photo. 😯 Rosemary’s Baby?

Cause can you post a link to the voting trend? I looked for it on your website but are the graphs not public or linked?

I’ve got the data gathering piece done, but I don’t have any presentation yet, so the graphs I’ve shown previously have all been hand-made in Excel. I’m hoping to wrap up the project that’s keeping me busy this week which should give me some time to get back to developing the stats site.

While we’re still trending toward a new (recent) record, it’s not quite as big of an increase as you might think. We’re less than 100 votes over Weather at the same time last week:

Zero_Exponent
    Participant

Zero, I planned an almost identical shot to your fark bacon. 🙂 Glad I ran outta time now and didn’t execute it.

Heh, me too! That was a last minute idea shot two hours before the contest. Had to think of something quick because my boob model got cold feet 😥
    It’s funny how she was all excited when I told her about it on tuesday, but when I saw her wednesday morning she “wasn’t comfortable” with it.
    I’m guessing she told her boyfriend, and he talked her out of it. Boo, hiss.

From your b-sides, #’s 2 and 4 have big cute quotient. Especially like the expression of the girl on the left.

Uranus, your pic didn’t fool me for a second.
    I knew it was a tortoise right away 😉

ravnostic
    Participant

While we’re still trending toward a new (recent) record, it’s not quite as big of an increase as you might think. We’re less than 100 votes over Weather at the same time last week

Still, I like the way things are trending–it’s exciting to see entries with over 50 votes less than 24 hours into the contest!!

Kestrana
    Participant

While we’re still trending toward a new (recent) record, it’s not quite as big of an increase as you might think. We’re less than 100 votes over Weather at the same time last week

Still, I like the way things are trending–it’s exciting to see entries with over 50 votes less than 24 hours into the contest!!

Yeah I didn’t really think it was all that more if any, but maintaining this new level of higher vote totals is cool; especially since last week’s contest didn’t have all that many participants or photos – so everyone’s average in theory benefits because there’s more votes per picture.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)
  • The topic ‘02-02-11 – Vote Whoring’ is closed to new replies.