02-03-10 – Abstract Thoughts

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-03-10 – Abstract Thoughts

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    olavf
    Participant

though I did say ‘aka Mondrian’ and it definitely wasn’t that.

linguine
    Participant

Ummm You know what I just realized? The difficulty this week said specifically “No stained glass”. corsec67‘s image was of stained glass in the chapel ceiling…

I’d say it didn’t break the spirit of the difficulty because the architecture of the ceiling seemed to be the main focus of the picture and I took the difficulty as a means of just keeping people from photographing abstract stained glass.

U-Man
    Participant

I missed that too. Kestrana’s caught my eye. But both of them keep to the spirit of the theme. I mean, it’s not like they just took a photo of somebody else’s abstract abstract glass work and used it. Both required an appreciation of the setting and lines and curves.

I gots no problem with either.

corsec67
    Participant

Yeah, I missed the difficulty when I posted my image. Mine is definitely the closest to breaking the rule (if it isn’t over the line), since it is definitely has colored glass in a chapel.

olavf
    Participant

the difficulty as a means of just keeping people from photographing abstract stained glass.

yeah, that was my point.
    /I really don’t like Mondrian

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Yeah I didn’t think about Kestrana’s either. Ah well. I think linguine makes a good point about the entire compositions.

Kestrana
    Participant

To be precise, the subject of the picture I took wasn’t stained glass, it was a series of Chihuly blown glass bowls large enough to sit in.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • The topic ‘02-03-10 – Abstract Thoughts’ is closed to new replies.