02-23-11 – Old Man Winter

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 02-23-11 – Old Man Winter

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Curious
    Participant

just got finished voting. sleeping your number one stands out for me in a sea of good photos.

orionid
    Participant

Apologies if I missed any deserving shots, I had to vote from my cell phone this week. Lots of good stuff all around.

ravnostic
    Participant

Orionid, do you realize you have $1.49 on U-Man in the last 10 bouts? It’s like that face-off movie, with you know, John Travolta and that ugly guy–you’ve transmorigraphide yourselves, even. I keep hearing Rod Serling calling, ‘The next stop!’.

//at what point do you become an ‘ultra’ photographer?

U-Man
    Participant

Hey, look at that. I hadn’t noticed. (not. 🙁 )

It was higher before this week. I don’t have a prayer of catching him for about two months. He’s had weeks with 101, 109, 118 and 176 votes recently.

Can I be Travolta and orionid be ‘the ugly guy’ though?

ravnostic
    Participant

Orionid, do you realize you have $1.49 on U-Man in the last 10 bouts? It’s like that face-off movie, with you know, John Travolta and that ugly guy–you’ve transmorigraphide yourselves, even. I keep hearing Rod Serling calling, ‘The next stop!’.

“10 + (2* contests) criteria” applies. ’10’ being the minimum # of pictures you’ve posted (well met), and ‘2* contests’ being the total number of pictures posted overall vs. the number of contests since you started; average two pictures each contest–and win a prize!

So you currently need 374 pictures to your 182 contest opportunities. Each week you post 3 images, you gain on that ‘2*contest’ by 50%. At this rate, posting 3 pictures each week, you’ll gain a +1 overall to your character skills weekly, and will be ‘ultra’ in 7 weeks time. Charles Atlas would be proud.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’m so confused. Did you just answer your own question or is there a glitch in the matrix?

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Also, my internet availability may be spotty this weekend. I am hoping I’ll still be able to do the thread congrats, but there’s a chance I won’t.

cameraflage
    Participant

“10 + (2* contests) criteria” applies. ’10’ being the minimum # of pictures you’ve posted (well met), and ‘2* contests’ being the total number of pictures posted overall vs. the number of contests since you started; average two pictures each contest–and win a prize!

So you currently need 374 pictures to your 182 contest opportunities. Each week you post 3 images, you gain on that ‘2*contest’ by 50%. At this rate, posting 3 pictures each week, you’ll gain a +1 overall to your character skills weekly, and will be ‘ultra’ in 7 weeks time. Charles Atlas would be proud.

Again, I was told there would be no math.

U-Man
    Participant

I’m so confused. Did you just answer your own question or is there a glitch in the matrix?

I didn’t check the math but I’m pretty sure that was the answer to the prior question.

I had a similar experience with entering a few contests and then having a pretty big gap between entries. After starting with 3x/week, the trip to ‘Ultra’ was faster than I expected

Elsinore
    Keymaster

No, what confused me was why he asked the question if he had such a detailed answer to it already himself? I don’t know that level of the FSM’s black magic myself 😆

ravnostic
    Participant

I just went into and read the FAQ’s out of curiosity. Then I dids the maths. I was having trouble sleeping. I’m better rested now–did I do it right?

orionid
    Participant

I just went into and read the FAQ’s out of curiosity. Then I dids the maths. I was having trouble sleeping. I’m better rested now–did I do it right?

I did the math in july or august and came up with 53 weeks until ultra. The problem is that the calculations start with your boobies, and mine was about a year and a half before I started posting regularly.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

Huh obviously I haven’t read that FAQ lol. I went ahead and posted thread congrats while I had interwebs. But my connection is definitely leaving much to be desired. Catch ya’ll tomorrow…

Uranus
    Participant

w00t! 2nd! another 4 yrs and I may get a first….

ravnostic
    Participant

Congrat’s U-man–it’s an awesome shot, and it’s interesting to learn that Uranus can shoot mist….

j/k–congrat’s Ur-ah-nus on a well deserved 2nd place!

I did the math in july or august and came up with 53 weeks until ultra. The problem is that the calculations start with your boobies, and mine was about a year and a half before I started posting regularly.
    [/quote=”orionid”]

I’m not sure if the ’10 minumum’ is accrued into the score; if not, you’re approx. correct, if it is, then I am. 6 of 1,…

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘02-23-11 – Old Man Winter’ is closed to new replies.