03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    swampa
    Participant

Just a question, is this too blurry?

Image in question

Thanks.

corsec67
    Participant

Just a question, is this too blurry?

Image in question

Thanks.

The guy on the bike is just a tad too blurry for me. The background is a good example of a “good background”, since you show that the guy really is moving.

His back wheel is sharp enough, so you were panning right with him.

swampa
    Participant

Yeah, it was over a jump so gravity started winning again! (at the front end)

U-Man
    Participant

Sorry. That work and time thing prevented me from getting here sooner.

I’m the ‘co-host’ and I’ve only got one pic I took months ago. Sheesh. I don’t see many opportunities between here and Wed either. Oh well.

While I am in complete agreement with corsec67 about what I want to see in this theme, I think I have a bit more leniency. I’d be OK swampa’s bike. Yeah, it’s not perfectly sharp but the background makes up for it.

corsec67
    Participant

While I am in complete agreement with corsec67 about what I want to see in this theme, I think I have a bit more leniency. I’d be OK swampa’s bike. Yeah, it’s not perfectly sharp but the background makes up for it.

Ok, that works for me.

Letting more people enter a contest certainly is a good thing, and then let the voters decide.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

I’d have to agree with U-Man…when I saw swampa’s pic I thought it got to the spirit of the theme. There will have to be a line drawn somewhere, but I’d rather err on the side of inclusiveness and good faith efforts, otherwise the thread will end up a mess of judgement calls.

orionid
    Participant

I’m making a trip to the parents farm just for this contest….. Y’all should be scared….. Assuming the freak Virginia winter storm breaks long enough to do some outdoors photography tomorrow night.

Otherwise, it’s off to the archives.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

A Farktography riddle…

What is airborne and moving quite quickly, while staying in the same place?

corsec67
    Participant

A Farktography riddle…

Helicopter?

soosh
    Participant

A Farktography riddle…

well, depending upon where the observer is, I guess an interior of an airplane could fit this.

soosh
    Participant

also, the earth. though it’s not truly airborne.

bucky_bacon
    Participant

Helicopter?

Hmm. That’s really good. Better than what I had in mind acutally…

well, depending upon where the observer is, I guess an interior of an airplane could fit this.

Oh I love that answer. I’ve often described the inside of a car as little more than a portable living room. This is the same idea, kicked up a notch!

But actually this is what I had in mind…

swampa
    Participant

A Farktography riddle…

A pool table! Oh no, that’s a different joke.

/Actually, if it was falling and you were falling at the same speed then it would seem to be in the same place. I was told there would be no physics!!

//Thanks for the ruling on the image 😀

corsec67
    Participant

But actually this is what I had in mind…

OOOHHH, I might just be able to enter a “picture of a kid doing something”…

My nephew was playing with the hose, and I got some pictures of that…

bucky_bacon
    Participant

OOOHHH, I might just be able to enter a “picture of a kid doing something”…

Ha glad that I could help to spark the idea, if that is the case. I told myself early on that I wouldn’t use my daughter for my benefit, but I already broke that. Now I say it’s fair game. Kids, animals… If ya got em, use em.

/Really hoping we do another ‘cute kids’ contest though
    //not using the hose pic in this contest btw

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 89 total)
  • The topic ‘03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!’ is closed to new replies.