03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!

Forums Forums Farktography General Chat This week’s contest 03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    orionid
    Participant

OOOHHH, I might just be able to enter a “picture of a kid doing something”…

Ha glad that I could help to spark the idea, if that is the case. I told myself early on that I wouldn’t use my daughter for my benefit, but I already broke that. Now I say it’s fair game. Kids, animals… If ya got em, use em.

/Really hoping we do another ‘cute kids’ contest though
    //not using the hose pic in this contest btw

Well, crap….. JustCat aready did a cow jumping over the moon…… Maybe I could just go Monte Python and build a Bovine Trebuche……

U-Man
    Participant

I’m traveling this week so I can’t try this one but I’d like somebody to do it. (I’m skiing at Whistler BC so don’t feel sorry for me. :))

Full water balloon. Pop with pin. Photo using flash before the water moves.

schnee
    Participant

I’m traveling this week so I can’t try this one but I’d like somebody to do it. (I’m skiing at Whistler BC so don’t feel sorry for me. :))

Um…. maybe.

orionid
    Participant

Um…. maybe.

I figured you’d be a good one to get it. I’ve got other plans…..

schnee
    Participant

Sorry U-man – the POP! of the waterballoon was more of a pop and my mic couldn’t pick it up. And my time budget didn’t allow for debugging the setup. You’ll have to wait.

/Whistler? Have fun!

soosh
    Participant

whistler? you’re almost here!

got some great shots of my 10 year old grinding rails on his snowboard Sunday. I am quite sure some of them will be in this contest.

U-Man
    Participant

Needs to be fuller? More distended? Taut.

corsec67
    Participant

For one of my entries, I am very tempted to rotate it 90 degrees, even though it has an obvious floor and railing in it, and make it a nod to Escher.

I didn’t use my nephew, since I think I have better.

3 entries, 3 different years, 3 different cameras.

harpo
    Participant

I’m tempted to try your water balloon suggestion U-Man. I have my doubts that I’ll be able to capture it, but I did manage to get a soda bottle getting shot with a shotgun for 1st person so…maybe. I’ll be getting the 50 pack of balloons. I mostly just aim and cross my fingers though so any advice would be appreciated.
    Do you guys think a flying kite fits the theme this week?

schnee
    Participant

Needs to be fuller? More distended? Taut.

They were about as full as I could make them. The water tends to dampen the noise. I’m thinking either bigger balloons or partially filled with an air bubble (so the air can contribute to the pop).

orionid
    Participant

So, I’m thinking this is a bit too blurry for this week. Plus I was too damn cold to aim so I got a bunch more B-sides that look just like this one. But, man is it on like Donkey Kong for Homage/Tableau.

Elsinore
    Keymaster

What about bugs in mid-flight where the wings are moving too fast to freeze-frame, but everything else on the body is clearly sharp/in-focus/stop-motioned?

corsec67
    Participant

What about bugs in mid-flight where the wings are moving too fast to freeze-frame, but everything else on the body is clearly sharp/in-focus/stop-motioned?

If the guy jumping on the bike was acceptable, then a bug where the body is frozen should be fine.

nobigdeal
    Participant

Hows about this?

The bird is obviously moving but is there not enough background blur to show it?

corsec67
    Participant

Hows about this?
    …Bird…
    The bird is obviously moving but is there not enough background blur to show it?

That bird is flying, so there is definitely action going on.

(In that case, the bird could be stationary, but would have an airspeed, so it is moving through the medium it is in)

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 89 total)
  • The topic ‘03-04-09 – Lights, Camera, Action…Freeze!’ is closed to new replies.